• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Financial Deals Industry Insight: Consumer Markets Q1 2009
Datamonitor, May 2009, Pages: 32
Analysis and opinion on quarterly deal activity, along with the trend for the last four quarters for merger and acquisition (M&A), private equity, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and alliance/partnership deals
This report contains extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis of quarterly deal activity (including strategic alliances) in the packaged food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, personal care, household products, pet care, and tobacco sectors across global markets, with a specific focus on key emerging markets. It offers insights into deal activity, deal rationale, and valuation trends.
- Insights into deal activity across M&A, private equity, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and strategic alliance deals
- Analysis on all key sectors, namely packaged food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, personal care, household products, pet care, and tobacco
- Geographical trends by primary regions and by key emerging markets
- Detailed analysis of the deal activity during the quarter, along with the trend for the last six months by deal volume and value
- 146 M&A deals worth $6.1 billion were recorded in Q1 09.
- Total deal value and average deal size witnessed a significant drop.
- 44 cross border M&A deals were recorded in Q1 09.
- The alcoholic beverages segment saw an increase in volume terms.
Reason to Purchase
1. Understand which consumer sectors are experiencing the most activity, and which type of investor, and advisor are playing the significant roles
2. Find out how key deals are changing the competitive landscape of your business
3. Find out how companies in consumer markets are raising funds through capital markets, private equity, and private placement deals
1. Executive Summary
2. Mergers and acquisitions (including private equity deals)
3. Advisor ranking (Quarterly)
4. Valuation trend: comparison across key sectors
5. Public offering
6. Private placement