• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Financial Deals Industry Tracker: Technology and Telecom Q1 2009
Datamonitor, May 2009, Pages: 34
Analysis and opinion on quarterly deal activity, along with the trend for the last four quarters for merger and acquisition (M&A), private equity, venture financing, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and alliance/partnership deals
This report contains extensive qualitative and quantitative analysis of quarterly deal activity (including strategic alliances) in the software, hardware, IT services, and telecom sectors across global markets, with a specific focus on key emerging markets. It offers a unique insight into deal activity, deal rationale, valuation trends, and the market fundamentals driving various sub-sectors.
- Insights into deal activity across M&A, private equity, venture financing, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and strategic alliance deals
- In-depth analysis on all key sectors, namely software, hardware, IT services, and telecom
- Geographical trends by primary regions and by key emerging markets
- Detailed analysis of the deal activity during the quarter, along with the trend for the last six months by deal volume and value
- 731 M&A deals recorded in Q1 09, a 28.9% decrease in volume as compared to the 2008 average.
- 219 cross border M&A deals were recorded in Q1 09, a 25.6% decrease in volume compared to 2008 average.
- On a Q-o-Q basis M&A activity in the telecom sector increased in volume terms.
- Venture finance deal volume down by 4.1% over Q4 08 and 26% against Q1 08.
Reason to Purchase
- Understand which technology sectors are experiencing the most activity, and which type of investor, and advisor are playing the significant roles
- Find out how key deals are changing the competitive landscape of your business in software, hardware, IT services, and telecom sectors
- Find out how companies in technology and telecom sectors are raising funds through capital markets, private equity, and private placement deals
1. Executive Summary
2. Mergers and acquisitions (including private equity deals)
3. Advisor ranking (Quarterly)
4. Valuation trend: comparison across key sectors
5. Venture financing
6. Venture firm ranking (Quarterly)
7. Public offering
8. Private placement