• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
China Sourcing Report: Display Parts & Components
Global Sources, May 2011, Pages: 86
China's display parts and components industry remains in an upturn. Suppliers expect sales and exports to swell by at least 30 per cent by the year's end.
Buoyed by this projection makers are raising production levels, especially of categories growing in popularity because of the trend for energy conservation and environmental protection. These include LEDs, LED panels and modules, TFT-LCD modules and LCD panels, which represent the replacement technologies in the lighting, display and backlighting sectors.
This report covers the major products of China's display parts and components industry, namely LCD panels, modules and backlights, LEDs, LED chips, strips, panels and modules, and EL displays.
What You Will Get:
- In-depth profiles of 35 verified suppliers with a comprehensive look at their manufacturing and export capability, product and market focus, verified contact details, and more.
- 87 full-color images that depict popular display parts and components export models, with detailed product descriptions and minimum order requirements.
- Verified supplier contact details of an additional 13 exporters, including names, e-mails, telephone numbers and websites.
- Supplier information in tabular format to help you compare companies at a glance.
- Results of the custom-designed supplier survey, which forecasts industry trends for the next 12 months.
- An extensive overview of the industry discussing the main challenges facing suppliers.
- An in-depth examination of the supplier base highlighting key characteristics of different types of companies.
- Details of the primary production centers.
- An update of the latest trends in design, R&D, materials and components.
- A review of the key factors that influence the price and quality of low-end, midrange and high-end products.
- Comprehensive pricing tables featuring export price ranges.
Who Should Read This Report:
- CEOs, Directors, Presidents, Business Owners
- Export/ Import Managers, Sourcing Representatives, Sourcing Engineers, Supply Chain Directors, Procurement Managers, Agents
- Sales Executives & Managers, Marketing Executives & Managers, International Buyers
- Business Consultants, Investment Managers
- Anyone who needs to understand the China & Asia supply market
Main Production Center
LCD Panels & Modules
LED Panels & Modules
China's display parts and components industry remains in an upturn. Suppliers expect sales and exports to swell at least 30 per cent by year-end. Buoyed by the projection, makers are raising production levels, especially of categories growing in popularity because of the trend for energy conservation and environmental protection. These include LEDs, LED panels and modules, TFT-LCD modules and LCD panels, which represent the replacement technologies in the lighting, display and backlighting sectors.
To ensure the expansion bid, companies are consolidating resources and enhancing operations. They also continue to build core competence to strengthen China's position globally. For this, R&D efforts share equal attention in manufacturers' goal to match requirements in a broadening application base.
1. Prices are expected to increase with rising material and labor costs. The adjustment, however, will be limited to 10 per cent due to intensifying competition. For the same reason, a number of makers are lowering their quotes.
2. The majority of respondents are confident of robust export sales despite rising outlay. They are counting on the “green” trend to continue fuelling demand, especially from North America and Europe. These will remain key overseas destinations.
3. Enterprises are also exploring opportunities in the local sector, particularly government-sponsored solid-state lighting projects.
4. LEDs' spreading adoption will push China's output to 25.7 billion units and sales value to $3 billion this year.
5. Diode-based panels and modules, and TFT-LCD types of the second will post a 30 per cent increase in production. The first two are projected to total 3 billion units and the last 110 million.
6. LCD panels are catching up at the same rate based on the projected yield of 26.5 million square meters by end-2011. This is amid the scheduled opening of 8 and 8.5G TFT lines, which will complement existing 4.5, 5 and 6G operations.
7. Concurrent to R&D pursuits, makers are collectively addressing IPR issues through short- and long-term solutions. The goal is to improve core technological competence at company and industry levels, reduce dependence on imported components, and establish a comprehensive supply chain.
This report covers the major products of China's display parts and components industry, namely LCD panels, modules and backlights, LEDs, LED chips, strips, panels and modules, and EL displays. For each category, details about the different types offered, their common features and price determinants are provided.
The Industry Overview elaborates on issues affecting production and exports. It also identifies the common strategies manufacturers are employing to boost sales and enhance overall competitiveness.
To reflect the industry structure, the majority of the suppliers featured in this report are local and privately owned enterprises. Publicly listed/SOE, Hong Kong- and Taiwan-invested businesses are also covered.
The province of Guangdong is the main production center. Reflecting this structure, 74 per cent of featured companies are based in this location. To produce this report, the publisher interviewed a wide range of suppliers. Rather than focus simply on high-profile makers, we compiled a representative sample of large, midsize and emerging manufacturers. All profiled companies are export-oriented professional suppliers that are verified. Each supplier is confirmed to be authentic with a legally registered business. All companies are visited three or more times to ensure they are export-ready and have real offices and products.
The listed contact person has been verified to represent the registered company. In each case, companies were required to answer specific questions designed to verify their manufacturing and export credentials.
All profiled suppliers participated in a survey designed to provide insight into price trends, sales outlook and target markets in the next six to 12 months. All survey questions are single choice. Results were calculated based on the actual number of valid responses to each question.
Suppliers are ranked using a 6-star ranking system. Companies with a higher star ranking provide more business information and verification reports on the publisher's online homepages.
Suppliers rated 5 or 6 stars have a Credit Check report from First Advantage or Sino- Trust and a Supplier Capability Assessment report provided by Bureau Veritas online. The rankings are correct at the time of publication and may be subject to change.
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.