- Language: English
- 1128 Pages
- Published: November 2012
- Region: World
Managing Growth in Retail Financial Services in a Credit Downturn
- Published: January 2009
- Region: World
- 20 Pages
- The Asian Banker
During the last five years most financial institutions in our region have prospered. The industry across Asia has seen unprecedented expansion in its consumer credit portfolio, which now accounts for 35% of total assets according to Asian Banker Research. However, the situation has been changing during 2008. Consumer banking is about to come under significant pressure.
Compounded by the macroeconomic downturn, higher cost of funds, persistent cost inefficiencies, increasing credit defaults and the impact of severe mis-selling practices is likely to hit banks hard, putting to test their resilience and sustainability.
Many of the orthodox approaches that banks have relied on in the past may have to undergo rethinking. It is clear that 2009 will likely be a watershed period for the banks in the region in terms of establishing long term sustainability and high quality growth.
By engaging with key retail banking executives from Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, India and China, this report presents the latest findings on how players adjust at a tactical and operational level to the current market downturn.
The report integrates a peer to peer industry survey among senior key executives.
This report is meant for:
- Heads of consumer banking and strategic planning.
- Research analysts in financial institutions.
- Vendors and service providers targeting the financial services. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
- Revenue Growth in Retail Financial Services 2006-2009
- Financial Performance of International Banks (Asia Pacific Operations)
- Strategic Pathway of International Banks Going Forward
- Key Performance Trends in Wealth Management
- Shifts in Strategic Priorities in Wealth Management
- Current Direction of Market Evolution in Retail Banking
- Key Strategic Areas Banks Manage in the Downturn to Survive
- Impact of the Downturn on Retail Financial Services in 2009
- Key Developments in Retail Financial Services in 2009-2010
- Regulatory Changes in Retail Financial Services
- The Future Business Model in Retail Financial Services
- Tactical Growth Strategies in Retail Financial Services in 2009
- Sources of Top Line Growth in Retail Financial Services in 2009
- Profitability and Cost Efficiency
- Productivity among Key Players in the Asia Pacific and the US
- Cost Control Development and Strategic Cost Management
- Key Aspects in Cost Reduction Executives keep an Eye on in 2009
- Brand Value and Cost Management for Key Players in Asia Pacific
- Bottom Line Management for Key Players in Asia Pacific and the US
|CD ROM||The report will be shipped to you in CD ROM format.|
|Electronic (PDF)||The report will be emailed to you. The report is sent in PDF format.||This is a single user license, allowing one specific user access to the product.|
|Hard Copy||A printed copy of the report will be shipped to you.|