- Language: English
- 1125 Pages
- Published: November 2014
- Region: Global
The Top 40 Manufacturers Of Point-Of-Care Diagnostics For Infectious Diseases
- ID: 1056113
- July 2009
- 101 Pages
- Research Facts Ltd
The global IVD market has shown consistent growth of 6.72 percent annually, a trend that is expected to continue until 2012. Point-Of-Care (POC), the largest segment, is estimated to grow into an US$18 billion market by 2012.
The growth is being driven by a shift in focus away from acute care and late stage interventions to earlier and minimally invasive treatments. In the drive to reduce time spent in hospital, more tests are being carried out in a variety of settings - hospital, ambulance, doctor’s office and even in the home. The growth is being facilitated by the development of innovative technologies such as lab-on-a-chip (LOAC).
Infectious diseases are caused by pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi; the diseases can be spread, directly or indirectly, from one person to another.
The world faces:
- The emergence of new or newly recognized pathogens, such as the viruses causing severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and avian influenza;
- The recurrence of well-characterized outbreak-prone diseases: cholera, dengue, influenza, poliomyelitis, measles, meningitis, shigellosis and yellow fever; and
- The accidental or deliberate release of biological agents (anthrax, prion diseases such as variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease - vCJD).
This report profiles the Top 40 manufacturers of POC diagnostics for infectious diseases.
Profile information for each company typically includes:
- Company Contact Information - Address, Telephone and Fax Numbers, Email and Website Address
- Key Company Decision Makers - From CEO and Main Board, to Key Senior Managers
- Specialised fields such as Company Description, Products, Technology, Disease Areas, Parent Company, Year Established, Number of Employees and Turnover.
Report Target Market:
1) Point-Of-Care Manufacturing Companies
Usage: competitive/financial analysis and strategic partner/alliance identification.
2) Point-Of-Care Suppliers
This report is perfect for suppliers of goods and services such as platform technologies and contract manufacturing services who wish to identify top potential customers.
3) Point-Of-Care Distributors
The Top 40 Manufacturers Of Point-Of-Care Diagnostics For Infectious Diseases is very useful to IVD distributors to identify the leading manufacturers with the best products.
Note: Most people will be aware of some of the major POC diagnostics companies, like Abbott Point of Care and Philips Handheld Diagnostics but this report looks at all 40 of the leading manufacturers of POC diagnostics for infectious diseases – companies like:
- Savyon Diagnostics – an Israeli infectious diseases diagnostics specialist and manufacturer of the QuickStripe™ range of rapid tests for detecting Strep A Ag, Strep B Ag, Hepatitis B Ag, Chlamydia Ag, Adenovirus Ag, Rotavirus Ag, RSV Ag, Candida Ag and HIV 1&2.
- Hema Diagnostic Systems – a Miramar, Florida headquartered manufacturer of the Rapid 1-2-3® line of rapid diagnostic tests for HIV, Tuberculosis, Malaria and Syphilis.
Report data field structure is as follows:
Parent Company Name
Number of Employees
Research Facts is a world leader in life sciences publishing. It was established in Dublin, Ireland in 2004. Its partners have over forty years combined experience in the business information industry. Research Facts’ customers include most of the major diagnostics, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies e.g. Roche, Abbott, Quintiles, Johnson & Johnson, Wyeth, GlaxoSmithKline, Medtronic, Siemens Medical, Philips Healthcare, Thermo Fisher Scientific, GE Healthcare etc.. These customers are located right across the globe e.g. Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Finland, Hungary, Israel, Japan, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States.
Research Facts’ reports help you make informed decisions about the markets and organisations that affect your business.
- Learn more about your target markets and target organisations
- Top level research on all major players in a market
- See which organisations dominate your major markets
- Get detailed information on particular organisations
Hardcopy: Bound report, A4 format, 101 pages
Electronic: pdf Version, A4 format, 101 pages
Author: The scientific advisor on this report was Damien Ferguson. Damien has advanced degrees in physiology and medicine from Trinity College Dublin and is currently a member of the University Of Limerick Medical School.
Point-Of-Care Diagnostics, POC, Near-Patient Testing, Rapid Tests, Infectious Diseases, Lab-On-A-Chip. SHOW LESS READ MORE >