• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
How Britain Shops: DIY 2009
Verdict Research Limited, July 2009, Pages: 61
How Britain Shops DIY provides a detailed overview of the shopping habits of consumers. It examines, who shops for DIY, where they shop, whether they are satisfied with their current store and what stores should do to satisfy customers more.
- A thorough analysis of the way customer shop in the DIY sector, complete with profiles of the following retailers:
- B&Q, Focus, Homebase, Wickes, Wilkinson
- How Britain Shops reports include visitor and main user share data, conversion rates, customer loyalty rates and reasons for loyalty / disloyalty.
- Data is segmented regionally and by demographic and socio-economic group. Historic data is provided so trends can be analysed over a four year period.
The proportion of shoppers regularly shopping for DIY products has increased by 4.5 percentage points to 44.1%. While a depressed housing market has impacted demand for big ticket purchases, consumers are increasingly prepared to undertake small scale projects, choosing to "improve not move".
The proportion of shoppers loyal to their main DIY store has increased 3.1 percentage points to 81.7%, the highest rating of the past five years. Four out of the top five companies' loyalty scores are ahead, with Wickes the only backslider.
Price is becoming an increasingly important driver of loyalty, with 35.2% of loyal main users mentioning the attribute, compared with 34.6% in 2008. A tightening of disposable incomes, coupled with price inflation in DIY, has fostered a heightened price-consciousness among consumers.
Reasons to Purchase:
- How Britain Shops is one of the most comprehensive studies of its kind drawing on a nationwide survey of 6,000 shoppers.
- Use this report to understand what drives the loyalty of your customers and find out where they also shop at.
- Channel investment for maximum return by knowing which aspects of your retail proposition most need improving in the opinion of your customers.