- Published: April 2014
- Region: Global
2009 Worldwide Fruit & Vegetable Canning Manufacturing Industry Report
- Published: July 2009
- 104 pages
- Barnes Reports
The Worldwide Fruit & Vegetable Canning Manufacturing Industry report, published annually, contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. The report features 2009 current and 2010 forecast estimates on the size of the industry (sales, establishments, employment) for the 47 largest world countries, including United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and South Africa. The report also includes industry definition, 5-year historical trends on industry sales, establishments and employment, a breakdown of establishments, sales and employment by employee size of establishment (9 categories), and estimates on up to 10 sub-industries, including canned and pickled tomates, beans, potatos, fruits and jams and jellies.
NAICS 31142: Fruit & Vegetable Canning Mfg.
This industry group includes (1) establishments that freeze food and (2) those that use preservation processes, such as pickling, canning, and dehydrating. Both types begin their production process with inputs of vegetable or animal origin.
- Frozen Food Manufacturing
- Packaged Food Manufacturing
- Dairy Products
- Canned Fruits and Vegetable Manufacturing
U.S. Census Categories
NAICS 31142 - Fruit & vegetable Canning Mfg. is comparable to
SIC 2033- Canned fruits & vegetables
- Canned fruits and specialties
- Tomato products, packaged in cans, jars, etc.
- Jams, jellies, and preserves, packaged in cans, jars, etc.
- Fruits and fruit products, in cans, jars, etc.
- Vegetables and vegetable products, in cans, jars, etc.
- Hominy: packaged in cans, jars, etc.
- Mushrooms: packaged in cans, jars, etc.
- Sauerkraut: packaged in cans, jars, etc.
- Vegetable juices: packaged in cans, jars, etc.
- Vegetables: packaged in cans, jars, etc. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
This report looks at this industry in the following countries:
- Czech Rep
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Appendix: Definitions & Terms