2009 Top Non-Profit, Foundations and Charitable Call and Contact Center Outsourcing Vendors, Black Book Survey 2009 Results
- Published: November 2009
This brief analyses the strengths and weaknesses of Syntels IT services offering and takes an in-depth look at the companys structure, history and financial performance.
- This brief analyses the strengths and weaknesses of Syntels offering
- It takes an in-depth look at the companys structure, history and financial performance
- Includes analyst opinion on the performance of the company
Highlights of this title
Syntel has grown dramatically since its inception in 1980 as a staffing company to become a major offshore outsourcing provider, driven by its strong banking-focused applications outsourcing business.
It is currently feeling the effects of the global downturn, with its high annual growth rate of previous years expected to be eradicated in 2009. It is in good financial shape though, maintaining strong profit margins and boasting a low level of attrition.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of a key player in the IT services industry
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the products, services and strategies of a key IT services provider
Products and Services Coverage
Knowledge Process Outsourcing
Ask the analyst
List of Tables
Table 1: Syntel: Key facts
List of Figures
Figure 1: Syntel Q1 2009 revenue by vertical
Figure 2: Syntel Q1 2009 revenue by business unit
Figure 3: Global contract signings in banking and insurance sectors (Jan 2005 - Jun 2009)
Figure 4: Syntels annual revenue and net profit, 2001 to 2009 ($m)
Figure 5: Syntels revenue and net profit for the last six quarters ($m)