Endpoints - Clinical Trials in Respiratory Diseases - Pulmonary Function Tests, Biomarkers and Quality of Life Questionnaires All Play Prominent Roles
- Published: June 2012
This product is currently not available for purchase.
In this concise practical guide the Editor and Authors combine a symptoms- and problem-based approach with systematic coverage of lung disease - to help students and young professionals to understand respiratory medicine in the round.
The first section of the book is devoted to the underlying principles and clinical skills needed - science and disease process, symptoms and signs, examination, and tests. The second section deals with disease specific material, giving due weight and explanation to more common conditions. The third section covers respiratory pharmacology, and the fourth consists of multiple choice review questions. The book is illustrated throughout by case studies, plus photos and diagrams in full colour.
Care of patients with respiratory illness is given by a multidisciplinary team, and Understanding Respiratory Medicine is designed to appeal to medical students, young doctor, specialist nurses, physiotherapists, physiological measurement technicians and clinical scientists.
- Combines a symptoms and problem based approach with systematic coverage of disease
- Helps students to understand respiratory disease in the round - and to think like doctors
- Illustrated throughout in full colour
- First in a new series
Further sources of information
Section A: Making a Diagnosis
1. An overview of lung disease
2. The symptoms of lung disease: taking a respiratory history
3. The signs of lung disease: the respiratory examination
4. Respiratory investigations: lung function tests, thoracic imaging.
Section B: Diseases and Disorders of the Respiratory System
5. Lung cancer
6. Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disease
8. Diffuse parenchymal lung disease
9. Pleural diseases
10. Infections of the respiratory tract
11. Supprative lung conditions
12. Sleep-related breathing disorders
13. Respiratory failure
14. Pulmonary vascular problems
Section C: Respiratory Pharmacology
Section D: Multiple Choice Questions