- Language: English
- Published: November 2011
This product is currently not available for purchase.
1H09 Wi-Fi Products Tracker Database
- ID: 1083829
- August 2009
The Wi-Fi Products Tracker Database provides summary data of branded WLAN end-products by product name, vendor, 802.11 technology, category, and subcategory in pivot-tables for quick analysis of trends. Detailed data is provided for in-depth analysis of product releases from 2007 to 1H09.
Wi-Fi Connectivity Becoming Pervasive on Devices. Over 1000 New Wi-Fi Products Are Launched in 2008
Wi-Fi enabled products continue to proliferate across nearly all categories, including computing, networking, consumer electronics and mobile devices. Over 1,000 new products were launched with Wi-Fi in 2008; 2009 promises to surpass that mark, reports this latest report.
Among the key growth areas is stationary consumer electronics (CE) devices with Wi-Fi. Stationary CE devices include products that require access to a power source, such as televisions and digital photo frames. In 2008, manufacturers introduced nearly 100 new Wi-Fi enabled stationary CE products, up from 22 in 2007. Introductions are increasing in 2009, with over 55 in the first half of 2009.
Digital photo frames and digital audio players with Wi-Fi were among the key device types to see a surge in product introductions in 2008 compared to 2007. In 2009, Wi-Fi enabled digital televisions are among the highest growth of new product introductions for stationary CE devices. Philips consumer electronics was among the most aggressive competitors, pushing an array of new Wi-Fi-equipped digital audio players and digital TVs. In the digital photo frame category, adoption of Wi-Fi in 2008 new product introductions was broad-based across 17 different competitors.
Recent research found the following:
- Hewlett Packard had the most Wi-Fi enabled new product introductions of any manufacturer in 2008, and nearly tripled their new product introductions in 2008 compared to 2007.
- Cisco leads the market in first half of 2009 with 802.11n-enabled product introductions overall. Samsung electronics leads market in 802.11n consumer electronics.
- 802.11 b/g solutions are still the dominant Wi-Fi technology in new product introductions in 2008. However, 802.11 Draft n 2.0 solutions are gaining rapidly, and are expected to become the most popular Wi-F technology across most product categories by the end of 2009.
- Philips, looking to grab a market leadership position in Internet-enabled television sets, released more Wi-Fi enabled television sets than the rest of the market combined.
Recent research, 1H09 Wi-Fi Products Database is part of the new “Wi-Fi Product Database”. The database provides detailed tracking of the progression of Wi-Fi adoption in computing, consumer electronics, mobile phones and other electronic devices that are announced.
The database includes a detailed log of branded WLAN end-products by product name, vendor, 802.11 technology, product category, and subcategory. The data is provided in formatted pivot-tables for analysis of technology and product trends, as well as competitors.
The tables provided include Wi-Fi new announced products by:
- Product Category by Year
- Product Category by Product type by Year
- Vendor by Year
- Product Type by Vendor
- Product Type by Technology
- Vendor by Technology
- Technology by Product Category
- Technology by Product Type
- Vendor by Product Type
- Vendor by Year
Major product categories include:
- Portable Consumer Electronics
- Stationary Consumer Electronics
- Computing Equipment
- Networking Equipment
- Voice Capable Devices
Among the product sub-categories and specific devices types:
- Access Points, Adapters, Cameras, PCs by form-factor, Gaming Device, Gateway, Handsets & Smartphones, Headsets, Media Extender, Netbook, Networked Storage Device, PDA, Personal Navigation Device, Photo Frame, Personal Media Players, Printers, Routers Set Top Box, Switches, Televisions
Wi-Fi Technology segmentation by:
- 802.11 a
- 802.11 a/b/g
- 802.11 a/b/g/n_2.0
- 802.11 b/g
- 802.11 b/g/n_2.0 SHOW LESS READ MORE >