Germany Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2017 - Ultrasound Systems, MRI Systems, Computed Tomography Systems, Nuclear Imaging Equipment, X-Ray Systems, Mammography Equipment and Others
- Published: October 2011
- Region: Germany
This product is currently not available for purchase.
Following the super success and critical aclaim for the first edition, Manson Publishing/The Veterinary Press is proud to announce publication of the second edition of A Colour Handbook of Skin Diseases of the Dog and Cat.
The strengths of the first edition have been preserved:
- Problem-oriented approach; the book is arranged in twelve chapters covering dermatoses classified by their principle presenting sign.
- Concise systematically structured text; definition, aetiology and pathogenesis, clinical features, differential diagnoses, diagnostic tests, management. Focus is on clinical practice and the need to explain the disease to the owner.
- Superb and generously sized colour photographs and diagrams.
- Clear user-friendly design - one condition per page or spread of pages.
- Referenced thoughout to give the clinician access to the literature.
Within the framework and in light of the exponential growth of information in small animal dermatology since first publication, the authors have revised the entire text for the new second edition, added twenty-one new sections and one hundred and thirty-one new colour photos.
The result is a handbook that is practical, extensive and up-to-date in its content, beautifully illustrated and designed. The new second editio will be of value to veterinary practitioners and students, veterinary nurses and technicans. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1. Pruritic dermatoses
2. Nodular dermatoses
3. Ulcerative dermatoses
4. Papular and pustular dermatoses
5. Diseases characterised by sinus formation
6. Diseases characterised by crust and scale
7. Environmental dermatoses
8. Focal alopecia
9. Pigmentary abnormalities
10. Hormone-related dermatoses
11. Otitis externa
12. Disorders of the nails
Conditions new to this edition include: Facial dermatitis of persian and himalayan cats, Spiculosis, Calcinosis circumscripta, Canine eosinophilic granuloma, Sterile granuloma and pyogranuloma syndrome, Cutaneous asthenia (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), Epidermis bullosa acquisita, Feline idiopathic ulcerative dermatitis, Mucocutaneous pyoderma, Proliferative arteritis of the nasal philtrum, Vasculopathy of grayhounds, Vesicular cutaneous lupus of the shetland sheepdog and collie, Metatarsal fistulation of the german shepherd dog, Acrodermatitis of bull terriers canine ear margin seborrhea, Exfoliative cutuneous lupus of the german shorthaired pointer, Topical corticosteroid reaction, Alopecia X, Acquired pattern alopecia, Cyclical flank alopecia, Feline paraneoplastic alopecia.
Reviews of the first edition:
"An excellent and useful book.... well written, and it is also full of up-to-date information with useful practical tips and key points."
The Veterinary Record
"The aim to guide the reader in their approach to the handling of skin disease in the dog and cat is excellently achieved...and the book should certainly earn its place in the practice library"
Journal of Small Animal Practice
"A superb reference book...not to be missed by anyone with an interest in dermatology"