• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Financial Deals Industry Insight Q2 2009 - Transport and Logistics
Datamonitor, August 2009, Pages: 8
The drive to increase scale and improve profits combined with a highly fragmented market have resulted in continued M&A in the transport and logistics sector. Datamonitors quarterly Financial Deals Insights provides a unique insight into deal rationale and market fundamentals driving the sector.
- An assessment of recent M&A activity in the Transport & Logistics industry throughout the world.
- An evaluation of the trends both within the Transport & Logistics sector as a whole as well as individual deals.
- Insights into deal activity across M&A, private equity, venture financing, private placement, IPO, secondary offering, and strategic alliance deals.
- In-depth analysis on all key sectors, namely air, rail, road, and sea.
Highlights of this title
The transport and logistics sector recorded 138 deals worth $1.8 billion in Q2 09.
Cross border M&A activity in the sector increased across all key geographies on a Q-o-Q basis.
M&A activity (in volume terms) in the rail transport segment increased sharply in Q2 09, after witnessing a sudden drop in Q1 09.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand the recent trends within M&A in the Transport and Logistics sector.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the market factors which drive both the sector as a whole and individual deals.
- Gain an overview of deal trends on a historical basis.
DISTRESSED ENVIRONMENT DOES NOT RESULT IN AGGRESSIVE DEAL-MAKING
SHIPPING DOMINATES DEALS
DEAL VOLUME AND VALUE SHRINKS ACROSS THE WORLD
COMPANIES AWAIT SIGNS OF STRONG ECONOMIC RECOVERY
Ask the analyst
List of Figures
Figure 1: Global deal value & volume: T&L industry (April 2008 to June 2009)
Figure 2: Emerging markets deal volume: T&L industry (April 2008 to June 2009)
Figure 3: Global deal value by sector: T&L industry (April 2008 to June 2009)
Figure 3: Global deal volume by sector: T&L industry (April 2008 to June 2009)
Figure 5: Global deal value: T&L industry (April 2008 to June 2009)
Figure 6: Emerging markets deal value: T&L industry (April 2008 to June 2009)
- Frontier Airlines Holdings Inc.
- Hainan Airlines Co. Ltd.
- JetBlue Airways Corporation
- Republic Airways Holdings Inc.
- US Airways Group Inc.