The retail sales of oil products constitute a highly profitable segment of the fuel business, which is the reason for intense competition in this market. The new report of the Ccpr studies the current balance of interests and forces in the Russian market of petrol and highlights the key episodes of the struggle of the Russian oil companies for control over the local markets of oil products. The paper considers the stance of regional authorities, main conflicts and problems in the Russian petrol market. The report also outlines the prospects of a new repartition of the oil products markets in Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Ekaterinburg etc.
The report considers the following issues:
- Supplies of oil products to the internal market: their scales and their quality. The strategic choice of oil companies: orientation towards export or home consumer?
- Tax policy in the sphere of retails sales of fuel. Profitability of the petrol business, the state’s attempts to enhance the fiscal inflows from the oil products sales.
- Problems of monopolization of local markets and the state measures aimed at intensifying competition/
- Main figures in the Russian petrol market. The assets of the leading oil companies in the retail sales of oil products. Situation in the regions, including all the key subjects of the Russian Federation.
- Prospects and forecasts of the situation’s development.
<P>CHAPTER 1. THE CHOICE: EXPORTING OIL OR SUPPLYING FUEL TO THE HOME MARKET? </P>
<P>CHAPTER 2. THE WAYS OF INCREASING PROFITABILITY IN THE HOME MARKET </P>
<P>2.1. QUALITY OF OIL PRODUCTS </P>
<P>2.2. TAXATION OF THE RETAIL SALES OF OIL PRODUCTS </P>
<P>CHAPTER 3. MAJOR PLAYERS IN THE RUSSIAN GASOLINE MARKET </P>
<P>CHAPTER 4. REGIONAL MARKETS OF OIL PRODUCTS </P>
<P>4.1. MOSCOW AND MOSCOW OBLAST </P>
<P>4.2. ST.PETERSBURG AND THE LENINGRAD OBLAST </P>
<P>4.3. THE NORTHWESTERN REGION </P>
<P>4.4. THE CENTRAL FEDERAL DISTRICT </P>
<P>4.5. THE SOUTHERN FEDERAL DISTRICT </P>
<P>4.6. THE VOLGA FEDERAL DISTRICT </P>
<P>4.7. THE URAL FEDERAL DISTRICT </P>
<P>4.8. THE SIBERIAN FEDERAL DISTRICT </P>
<P>4.9. THE FAR EASTERN FEDERAL DISTRICT</P>
<P>CHAPTER 5. PROSPECTS OF THE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THE OIL PRODUCTS MARKET