- Language: English
- 95 Pages
- Published: February 2014
- Region: Europe
This product is currently not available for purchase.
European Express Benchmarking 2009
- ID: 1088145
- October 2009
- Region: Europe
- 235 Pages
The Express Benchmarking provides an invaluable analysis of the European industry, examining the top players in the sector across 14 European countries analysing their market shares across all of the key segmentations (Destination, Service Level and Recipient).
- Analyses the largest players in the Express market, including DHL, UPS, TNT and FedEx as well as all of the main regional European companies.
- Analyses the key metrics in the industry: overall market shares, as well as by sub-segmentations such as destination, service level and recipient.
- Covers 14 major countries in Europe: Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Scandinavia, Poland plus 2 new countries: Austria and Switzerland
Highlights of this title
The European (EU-14) Courier, Express and Parcels (CEP) market amounted to EUR41.3bn in 2008 which implied a year-on-year growth rate of 4%. The top 5 DHL (Deutsche Post), La Poste/ Geopost, TNT, UPS and Royal Mail/GLS controlled over half of this total but are facing tough competition from other players in an extremely challenging enviroment.
DHL is still the leader in the European Courier, Express and Parcels (CEP) market with a share of just under 18%, while TNT follows behind but they, as well as the other integrators FedEx and UPS, are challenged by national and regional road-based operators that are benefitting from the shift in demand towards more cost-effective alternatives.
The global economic downturn has caused a major shift as customers switch towards more Economy-type of products, which has increased competitive pressures on integators whilst incumbent post offices and other local operators all try to attract volume transforming the competitive landscape in Europe and creating an extremely challenging environment.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Understand the competitive environment in the European express market, as well as analyse your competitors' strengths and weaknesses.
- Understand how the economic downturn is affecting the competitive positions of postal and express companies.
- Understand which Express companies have the largest market shares in Europe. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
European Express & Parcels market
- Overall Ranking - slide
- Economy Vs. Premium- slide
- Domestic Economy Vs International Economy - slide
- Domestic Premium Vs International Premium - slide
- Domestic Vs. International - slide
- B2B Vs. B2C - slide
- Domestic B2B Vs International B2B -slide
- Domestic B2C Vs International B2C-slide
- Postal Operators Share of B2C - slide
- Share of CEP Operators by Country - slide
- Market Shares by Service Level - slide
- Market Shares by Service Level by destination - slide
- Market Shares by Recipient - slide
- Market Shares by Recipient by destination - slide
- Market Shares by Destination - slide
- Comments - slide
- Austria - slide
- Belgium - slide
- Denmark - slide
- Finland - slide
- France - slide
- Germany - slide
- Italy - slide
- Netherlands - slide
- Norway - slide
- Poland - slide
- Spain - slide
- Sweden - slide
- Switzerland- slide
- UK - slide
- Abbreviations - slide
- Definitions for services, regions and other segmentations - slide