• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Intensive Review of Cardiology
CME Group, December 2009
The Cleveland Clinic recently conducted the 10th Annual Intensive Review of Cardiology course. This activity is now available on DVD to fit your schedule and preparation preference.
The Intensive Review of Cardiology is an assessment of the current thinking and management in all of the major cardiovascular disciplines relevant to those cardiologists and cardiology fellows preparing for the Cardiovascular Board Certification and Re-certification Examination. An emphasis is placed on the clinical evaluation and management of the patient encountered in daily practice. The current ACC/AHA guidelines supporting treatment and management recommendations are presented as will treatment controversies and dilemmas.
- Practicing cardiologists seeking a comprehensive review of contemporary cardiovascular medicine
- Cardiologists and cardiology fellows preparing for the Cardiovascular Board Certification and Re-certification Examination
At the conclusion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology of acute coronary syndromes and the current management of the acute myocardial infarction patient, and demonstrate familiarity with the major clinical trials that have shaped the current management of this patient subgroup
- Discuss the various noninvasive modalities available for the evaluation of coronary artery and valvular heart disease, their merits, complementary roles, role in patient management, and prognostic value
- Interpret both common and complex 12-lead electrocardiograms including subtle yet clinically important findings relevant to the board examination
- Recognize the mechanisms plus the current medical and surgical treatment options in patients with congestive heart failure including the major clinical trials that have shaped our practice methods
- Identify the pathophysiology, evaluation, and modalities and treatment options in patients with valvular heart disease including a comprehensive review of echocardiography
- Demonstrate familiarity with the evaluation and treatment of patients with complex dysrhythmias and sudden cardiac death including the indications for electrophysiology testing, pacemaker implantation, and ICD placement
- Recognize and appropriately treat the clinical scenarios in cardiovascular medicine used in the examinations for Board Certification in Cardiovascular Disease
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Center for Continuing Education designates this educational activity for a maximum of 31.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Participants claiming CME credit from this activity may submit the credit hours to the American Osteopathic Association Council on Continuing Medical Education for Category 2 credit.
Date of original release: December 1, 2009
Date of credit termination: March 31, 2012
Credit is obtained upon successful completion of an activity post-test and evaluation, as well as payment of a processing fee
A note on the format:
DVD: Video - DVD: Includes 20 DVDs with carrying case, 1 CD-ROM Syllabus and program evaluation.