• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Asia Pacific Programmable Logic Controllers Market
Frost & Sullivan, September 2009, Pages: 151
It includes programmable logic controllers market of the Asia Pacific region.
This Frost & Sullivan research service titled Asia Pacific Programmable Logic Controllers Market provides an insight on programmable logic controller (PLC) market covering different end users. In this research, Frost & Sullivan's expert analysts thoroughly examine the following market sectors by end users: food and beverage, chemical and petrochemical, water/wastewater treatment, metal and mining, power, oil and gas, and automobile.
Maximum Functionality Makes PLC an Ideal Solution to Optimize Plant Automation in the Current Economic Conditions
The Asia Pacific PLC market is all set to live up to its impressive potential, thanks to the increasing awareness of automation and the sustainable growth prospects in major end-user industries. End users have begun to prefer automation to manual systems to optimize processes and thereby, improve productivity and reduce down time and human error. Industries are increasingly demanding efficient factory automation of mechanical processes, and PLC is perceived to be the first step toward complete automation. Once installed, the PLC system requires less maintenance and presents fewer operational challenges than other automation technologies. PLC companies are making the most of this inherent product advantage by focusing on new applications by moving away from the long-established hardware ladder logic to a more structured one using sophisticated software methodologies.
The market is sustained by strong demand from traditional industries such as food and beverage, chemical and petrochemical, as well as emerging industries such as water/wastewater and life science. The booming water and wastewater industry with its need to minimize water losses and optimize the treatment process has particularly benefited the PLC market in the Asia Pacific. "Further, the food and beverage end-user industry, buoyed by population growth and rising standards of living in the Asia Pacific, is sustainable and is likely to increase the uptake for PLC," says the analyst of this research. "Meanwhile, major oil and gas companies continue to invest substantially in the Asia Pacific and as these projects usually last long, PLC adoption in petrochemical plants is less vulnerable to economic downturns."
However, that is not to suggest that the market is completely insulated from the effects of the slowdown. There has been a slight shrinkage in the market due to the decline in the general manufacturing industry and the sluggish consumer sentiment in North American and European countries. "Add to that the limited domestic market in this region for general manufacturing industry products and the PLC market participants have a real challenge on their hands," notes the analyst. "Therefore, in this ever-changing globalized industry, organizations need to be flexible toward adopting the latest technologies and trends." PLC vendors have to stay abreast of the market dynamics and react swiftly and appropriately. The best course of action in these straitened conditions is to constantly upgrade the technology and diversify the product portfolio to satisfy customer demands in a dynamic industry landscape.
- The study gives an overview of the programmable logic controller (PLC) market in Asia Pacific region from 2005 to 2015, with 2008 as the base year.
- This research study can be beneficial to the PLC manufacturers and distributors in the Asia Pacific region as it intends to provide insights about the market size, market drivers, industry challenges, growth restraints, key end users, country analysis in Asia Pacific which are likely to help them devise growth strategies in this region.
- The executive summary provides an introduction to the Asia Pacific PLC market with an overview of the competitive analysis and technology trends.
- The Asia Pacific PLC market is amounted to $xxx.x million with a year-on-year growth rate of x.x percent in 2008.
Definition of PLC Market:
- For the purpose of this study, the market for the PLC include programming and configuring software, PC-based automation, a compact PLC with embedded automation products, automation product related to safety and redundancy, decentralized peripherals (I/O), control systems in hardware and software and integrated motion control.
- After-sales-service, configuration, engineering, installation, components besides PLC like drives, accessories, such as terminals, printers, switchgear
1. Executive Summary
1.1 Market overview
1.2 Definition of PLC
1.3 Scope of study
1.4 Industry overview
1.5 Geographic overview
1.6 Competitive analysis
2. Asia Pacific Programmable Logic Controller Market
2.1 Market Segmentation by Size of PLC
2.2 End-user Analysis
2.2 a Market segmentation by end-user verticals
2.2 b Food and beverage
2.2 c Chemical and petrochemical
2.2 d Electronics and semiconductor
2.2 e Green energy
2.2 f Oil and gas
2.2 g Metal and mining
2.2 h Pulp and paper
2.2 i Water and wastewater treatment
2.2 j Automobile
2.3 Industry challenge
2.4 Market driver
2.5 Growth restraints
2.6 Revenue forecasts
2.6 a Revenue Forecasts
2.6 b Revenue forecasts by end-user verticals
2.6 c Revenue forecasts by size of PLC
2.7 Technology trend
3. Geographic Overview
3.1 Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
3.7 The Philippines
4. Strategic Analysis and Recommendations
5. About Frost & Sullivan
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.