- Language: English
- 563 Pages
- Published: July 2012
- Region: Global
The Evolution of Audio - Is Anyone Listening?
- ID: 1130256
- December 2008
- Region: United States
- 247 Pages
- Consumer Electronics Association, The
Consumers have great choice in their selection of media these days. But with no more hours in a day, their time is spreading thin. At the same time, iPods, cell phones, and TVs seem to be garnering the lion's share of consumer investment. This leaves one to wonder where the traditional audio company, who specializes in providing great sound to the customer, fits into the mix. Do consumers still dedicate time just to listening to great audio and are they willing to make the investments to do so?
Look to this study to:
- Learn about current listening trends
- See where consumers are making investments in audio equipment now
- Discover what is driving an audio purchase
- Find out how consumers plan to spend on audio in the coming year
- Determine whether recent TV purchasers have any "attachment" plans
- Identify hot audio prospects
- This report is a must read for anyone involved in the manufacturing, marketing, installing or selling of home audio equipment.
- Research Objectives
- Key Findings
- Market Background
- Part I: Quantitative Research
- Detailed Findings
I. Overall Audio Consumption - Listening Less
II. Audio Preferences…….
III. Home Listening Behaviors
IV. Attaching to TV Purchases………
V. Future Audio Purchases.
Part II: Qualitative Research
VI. How Do They Listen To Audio Content?
VII. Audio Only Versus Video With Audio
VIII. Sitting Down to “Just Listen”
IX. How They Feel About Silence.…
X. What Content Do They Listen To?
XI. What Equipment Do They Use To Listen To Audio?
XII. Changes In Their Listening
XIII. What Could Be Improved