- Published: May 2011
The Instant Impact of Apple, Inc. v. Pystar Corp. (N.D. Cal. Nov. 13, 2009) on Copyright Infringement, Distribution Rights, and the First-Sale Doctrine for IP Lawyers
- Published: December 2009
- Region: Global
- 60 Minutes
“The Instant Impact of Apple, Inc. v. Psystar Corp. (N.D. Cal. Nov. 13, 2009) on Copyright Infringement, Distribution Rights, and the First-Sale Doctrine for IP Lawyers” is a time efficient way to be in-the-know on the most up to date facts and ramifications of this case and take proactive steps on behalf of current and prospective clients it could impact the most. Take the 60 minutes to view this webinar (on your computer, mobile phone, iPod or printed out) to make sure you have answers ready to key questions you are sure to be asked on the immediate ramifications of this decision by colleagues, clients and other professionals with whom you discuss the case, as limits may now be applied to a first-sale defense to claims of copyright infringement even if the defendant is considered to be the owner of the software or other copyrighted material at issue.
Upon ordering, we will email you a link to download the webinar for viewing on your computer, mobile media device (iPod/iPhone, Blackberry), or printed out. The downloaded files will include the PowerPoint presentation, audio narration and jpeg images of the slides (for watching on your mobile media device).
The webinar is led by an expert on the ramifications of this case, copyright law, and the first-sale doctrine, Michael Hobbs, and focuses on:
- Everything you need to know in 60 minutes about the impact of the district court’s ruling in Apple, Inc. v. Psystar Corp. on copyright infringement, distribution rights, and the first-sale doctrine under section 109 of the Copyright Act
- Perspective on how the district court’s decision could affect the viability of a first-sale defense in future copyright infringement actions involving software code or other copyrighted material, and how this decision will fare on appeal
- The 10 questions being asked the most by IP lawyers and their clients with respect to how this decision will impact them and what proactive steps they should be taking
- Case studies of what other lawyers are doing for their clients, now and in the future, based on this ruling
Praise for ExecSense Webinars:
- Was first on the scene with an in depth overview of this game changing decision.” – Howard Grubbs, Practice Group Leader, Womble Carlyle
- If it's up to the minute information that you need, go with ExecSense.” – Christopher J. Dow, Hunsucker Goodstein & Nelson
- Thorough, informative and interesting...an efficient, effective means of gaining in depth insight...” - Greg Nowak, Partner, Pepper Hamilton SHOW LESS READ MORE >