• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Chinese Optical Communications Industry and Market Development, 2009 and Beyond
Market Intelligence & Consulting Institute (MIC), December 2009, Pages: 27
China's government policies in areas of broadband and optical communications segments, coupled with the establishment of the Optical Access (FTTx) Industry Alliance at year-end 2008, have accelerated the completion of China's last-mile optical fiber network deployment. With the massive deployment of 3G base stations and optical fiber infrastructure, the Chinese optical communications industry has grown rapidly. However, the majority of Chinese broadband subscribers still use ADSL technology due to the fact that the development of FTTx, especially FTTH, still faces several hurdles, such as lack of killer applications to meet demand of most Chinese subscribers and higher deployment costs; so far, FTTx subscribers are mainly enterprise users.
Owing to the lucrative domestic market and China's government protection over domestic companies, Chinese large-scale equipment suppliers such as Huawei, ZTE, and FiberHome are gaining their market presence. Furthermore, benefited by low labor and operating costs, key optical component suppliers also see strong growth. This report outlines China's national development policies in the Chinese optical communications industry and analyzes Chinese optical communications market and industry development trends, as well as China's global presence in the global optical communications industry.
List of Topics
- Strategy development roadmap of the Chinese optical communications industry, as well as the industry's key development strategies
- Chinese optical communications shipment volume in 2009 and beyond, with market share breakdown by key vendor in 2008
- Chinese optical communications industry ecosystem, as well as product development of Chinese major optical communications equipment suppliers, including Huawei, ZTE, and FiberHome
- Chinese Mobile's GPON and EPON trial projects by province/city, as well as China's major GPON vendors
- Chinese leading telecom operators' FTTx deployment, including Chin Telecom, China Unicom, and China Mobile, as well as their FTTx deployment plans by region in the period 2008-2009
- Chinese optical communications industry shipment value in 2009 and beyond, with shipment share breakdown by major vendor in 2008