• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Mastering Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
John Wiley and Sons Ltd, January 2010, Pages: 1488
The one book you absolutely need to get up and running with Windows Server 2008 R2.
One of the world's leading Windows authorities and top-selling author Mark Minasi explores every nook and cranny of the latest version of Microsoft's flagship network operating system, Windows Server 2008 R2, giving you the most in-depth coverage in any book on the market.
- Focuses on Windows Windows Server 2008 R2, the newest version of Microsoft's Windows' server line of operating system, and the ideal server for new Windows 7 clients
- Author Mark Minasi is one of the world's leading Windows authorities and has taught tens of thousands of people to design and run Windows networks
- Covers Windows storage concepts and skills, Windows Server 2008 IP, WINS, NetBIOS, LMHosts, DNS, creating the simple Active Directory, and creating and managing user accounts
- Explains Group Policy in Active Directory; files, folders and shares; Sysvol, old and new; sharing printers on the network; remote server administration; connecting Windows clients to your network; working the Web with IIS 7.0; and AD maintenance and recovery
- Provides workarounds for things that don't quite work as they should and how-tos for many undocumented features
Find out everything you want to know-and then some!
Chapter 1:What’s New in Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
Chapter 2:Installing and Upgrading to Windows Server 2008 R2.
Chapter 3:The New Server: Introduction to Server Core.
Chapter 4:Windows Server 2008 IPv4: What Has Changed?
Chapter 5:DNS and Naming in Server 2008 and Active Directory.
Chapter 6:Creating the Simple AD: The One-Domain, One-Location AD.
Chapter 7:Creating and Managing User Accounts.
Chapter 8:Group Policy: AD’s Gauntlet.
Chapter 9:Active Directory Delegation.
Chapter 10:Files, Folders, and Shares.
Chapter 11:Creating and Managing Shared Folders.
Chapter 12:SYSVOL: Old and New.
Chapter 13:Sharing Printers on Windows Server 2008 R2 Networks.
Chapter 14:Remote Server Administration.
Chapter 15:Connecting Windows Clients to the Server.
Chapter 16:Working the Web with IIS 7.0 and 7.5.
Chapter 17:Watching Your System.
Chapter 18:Windows Server 2008 R2 and Active Directory Backup and Maintenance.
Chapter 19:Advanced IP: Routing with Windows.
Chapter 20:Getting from the Office to the Road: VPNs.
Chapter 21:Adding More Locations: Sites in Active Directory.
Chapter 22:The Third DC: Understanding Read-Only Domain Controllers.
Chapter 23:Creating Larger Active Directory Environments: Beyond One Domain.
Chapter 24:Migrating, Merging, and Modifying Your Active Directory.
Chapter 25:Installing, Using, and Administering Remote Desktop Services.
Chapter 26:Connecting Mac OS X Clients.
Chapter 27:Patch Management.
Chapter 28:File Shares Made Even Better: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Chapter 29:Server Virtualization with Hyper-V.
Chapter 30:Advanced User Account Management and User Support.
Appendix:The Bottom Line.
Mark Minasi, CS Directory Services MVP, is one of the world's leading Windows authorities. He teaches classes in two dozen countries and is a much sought-after speaker at conferences and industry gathering keynotes. His firm, MR&D, has taught tens of thousands of people to design and run Windows networks. Mark has written over 15 books for Sybex, including the market-leading Mastering Windows Server 2003 and The Complete PC Upgrade and Maintenance Guide.
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.