• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Thought Leader Interview
Research 2.0, February 2010, Pages: 6
In this Thought Leader Interview, the publisher talks with Dr. Alan Rae, Technical Editor for Global Solar Technology. From an investment perspective this is timely given that we seem to be past “the peak of inflated expectations” that existed for solar stocks in 2008.
The report focuses on some key questions:
- Will solar become the primary source of energy in the world within the next two decades?
- Which technologies have the most potential?
- What companies will emerge as leaders in this space?
- How will nanotechnology factor in to future solar technologies?
- Which opportunities look best for entrepreneurs looking to get into the business today?
In summary, solar is going to be important in the future of energy. This creates myriad opportunities not just in solar companies themselves but materials firms, nanotechnology, a smarter grid, and the ecosystem that will need to be party of a successful industry. Government subsidies will continue to be needed to induce movement but innovation will continue to be the main driver growth in solar technology in the longer term.