2010 market research examines the Vietnam mobile market for risk and opportunities, and provides 2010 metrics on growth, mobile apps, VAS revenue, consumer's mobile content desires, and strategies of leading mobile service providers in Vietnam.
The Vietnam Mobile Market in 2010 - What exactly is going on in this opaque market?
Vietnam's rapidly growing youth population with a high disposable income has been driving significant demand for mobile services in this Southeast Asian country. Back in 2007, the mobile phone penetration rate in the Vietnam market was only 18.5% - but with aggressive expansion from leaders like Viettel we are seeing over a half million new mobile simcards being sold now every month.
Mobile apps and content are an important segment in Vietnam. It's still inascent, but with the youth demographics it represents a excellent "ground floor" opportunity for mobile application and content developers and aggregators.
This research report addresses the following topics and key metrics of the mobile services market in Vietnam:
- Mobile Subscriber growth and forecast to 2013
- Mobile VAS revenue growth and forecast to 2013
- Price points for mobile VAS services by genre (ringtones, apps, wallpaper, etc.)
- Leading mobile content portals in Vietnam
- ARPU growth and forecast
- Market drivers and inhibitors
- Consumer Attitudes and Perceptions
Key Questions Answered in this Report
This research on the Vietnam mobile market examines how service providers, network operators, and content providers are positioning themselves to compete in Vietnam’s mobile content market. This report reviews opportunities, strengths, weaknesses and threats and future direction of this wireless market of over 81 million people.
Our research addresses a number of essential topics to help you be successful in Vietnam:
- How big is the market for mobile voice and mobile VAS and application services in Vietnam?
- How many mobile subscribers will there be in 2014?
- What opportunities are there in the mobile content market? Can you make money from ringtones?
- What are the key mobile application trends being adopted in Vietnam?
- Which mobile applications are the most popular in Vietnam?
- How do Vietnamese consumers learn of and purchase mobile content and applications? SHOW LESS READ MORE >
2. Executive Summary and Market Forecast
Growing Consumer Consumption in Vietnam
Market Share of Mobile Operators
Mobile Subscriber Forecast
ARPU Achievements and Outlook
3. Summary of Vietnam's Mobile Service Providers and their strengths
VMS - MobiFone
Saigon Postel (SPT) S-Fone Service
4. Vietnam's Mobile VAS, Content and Application Market
Mobile Application and Content Portals
Mobile VAS Revenue Growth
Where Vietnamese mobile users get their content
How Vietnamese mobile users learn of new mobile content and applications
VAS Content Prices
Most Popular Mobile Content and App Choices in Vietnam
Mobile VAS Apps and Content – Desires and Frequency of Use
Importance of Viral Marketing for New Mobile Content
3G and 3G Mobile Apps Outlook
Table of Figures:
Figure 1. Market Share – Vietnam’s Mobile Operators
Figure 2. Vietnam’s Mobile Subscribers to 2014
Figure 3. Vietnam's Mobile Penetration to 2014
Figure 4. Percentage of Prepaid vs. Postpaid Subscribers
Figure 5. Blended ARPU in Vietnam – Historical and Projected
Figure 6. Population Demographics
Figure 7. Who's Buying Mobile Apps and Content in Vietnam?
Figure 8. Growth in Mobile VAS Revenue Forecast 2009 - 2014F
Figure 9. Purchase Sources of of Mobile Apps and Content
Figure 10. Mobile VAS Content Costs by Genre in Vietnam
Figure 11. What are the popular ringtone downloads in Vietnam
Figure 12. Vietnam’s Mobile Users Content Purchase Demographics
Figure 13. Consumer Survey: Which mobile VAS service do you use most frequently?
Figure 14. Consumer Survey: How frequently do you purchase music and ringtones?
Figure 15. Consumer Survey: Which music genres do you find most appealing for purchase?
Figure 16. Consumer Survey: Which mobile games do you find most appealing for purchase?
Figure 17. Consumer Survey: Which mobile graphics do you find most appealing for purchase?
Figure 18. Consumer Survey: Which type of messaging content are you most interested in and willing to pay for?
Figure 19. Consumer Survey: How consumers learn of new mobile VAS and apps
Figure 20. Behaviors in Vietnam's Mobile VAS usage and lessons for content providers