- Published: May 2012
- Region: America, United States
2010 Pinpoint-U.S. Counties-Population Demographics-Education
- ID: 1206841
- February 2010
- 85 pages
- Pinpoint Demographics
The 2010 Pinpoint-U.S. Counties-Population Demographics-Education report, published annuallly, provides 2010 education population demographics by 3,100+ U.S. counties. The demographic data categories include: less than 9th grade, 9th to 12th grade no diploma, high school graduate, some college no degree, associate degree, bachelor's degree, graduate or professional degree. These estimates from Pinpoint Demographics are based on exponential regression analysis from 1990 to 2000 U.S. Census data. Pinpoint Demographics' database of U.S. zip code demographic data is the most accurate and current data available for the 30,000+ U.S. zip codes.
Pinpoint Demographics uses regression analysis to estimate the most accurate and timely current year population demographics and consumer spending.
The following steps were used in calculating the estimates in the Population Demographics database:
1) 1990 and 2009 zip codes data from the U.S. Census were matched. Where zip codes were not able to be matched, data from neighboring zip codes were considered in adjusting data.
2) Regression analysis was used on 1990 and 2000 data to calculate the estimates for the current year.
3) Where the percent change of data from 2000 to current year were too low or too high from an acceptable range, data from neighboring zip codes were considered in adjusting data.
4) Population Density catgories and Population Segments categories were added according to the definitions in the U.S. Population Demographics database.
The following steps were used in calculating the estimates in the Consumer Spending database:
1) The Consumer Spending database were calculated based on the U.S. Census' "Consumer Expenditure Survey" and Pinpoint Demographics' U.S. Population Demographics database.
2) Consumer Spending categories are based on the family income categories, such as $25,000 to $49,999 income each year.
Consumer Spending Database Categories
The Consumer Spending Database has a hierarchy ranking of categories, including the main category and sub-categories, notated 1), 2) and 3). The following example describes the hierarchy:
Main Category: Food
Sub-category 1): Food-at-home
Sub-category 2): Cereals and bakery products
Sub-category 3): Cereals and cereal products
Sub-category 3): Bakery products
Sub-categories 3) will add up to sub-category 2). Sub-categories 2) will add up to sub-category 1), etc.
Please note, this report offers statistical information only and does not include an analysis of the figures. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Population Demographics Categories
Consumer Spending Categories
2010 total population for 3,100+ U.S. counties by education categories (less than 9th grade, 9th to 12th grade no diploma, high school graduate, some college no degree, associate degree, bachelor's degree, graduate or professional degree)