- Language: English
- 239 Pages
- Published: January 2012
- Region: Global
Heating Up in 2010?: The Outlook for U.S. Commercial and Industrial Solar Water Heating Markets -- Presentations and Recording
- Published: April 2010
- Region: Global
- 52 Pages
- AltaTerra Research
On March 24th, Sue Kateley, Executive Director of the California Solar Energy Industries Association (CALSEIA) and Les Nelson, Chair of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) Solar Thermal Division, joined AltaTerra Research to discuss the status of policy developments in the U.S. with a focus on California. If you missed this event, you can now purchase the presentation slides and access to the recording. The presentation slides in PDF format will be immediately available for download upon completion of your purchase. Information for accessing the recording is included on the last page of the presentation slides.
This web conference was the second event in AltaTerra Research's Solar Money & Markets series.
Key topics addressed
- U.S. Solar Thermal Installations
- Policy Focus
- Rating and Certification
- Investment Tax Credit
- Energy Star Labeling
- Performance Testing
- New California Solar Initiative (CSI) Thermal Program
- Market Facilitation Activities
- Policy Gaps
A sampling of questions asked by attendees
- What are the present certification requirements in the U.S. for residential and commercial systems?
- At what point is contractor training available and how?
- Is there a list by state of investment tax credits and other incentives available for solar thermal?
- Have the potentials to reduce GHG emissions per dollar invested been compared between solar water heating and solar PV?
Who will benefit from this presentation
- Renewable energy professionals and consultants
- Renewable energy project developers
- Regulatory and PR staffers
- Environmental organizations
- Financial and investment groups
- Legal staff and compliance officers
- Electric utility procurement, generation, and transmission personnel SHOW LESS READ MORE >
About the presenters
Sue Kateley is Executive Director of the California Solar Energy Industries Association (CALSEIA). She has a career of 30 years developing and implementing energy policies and programs with a particular focus on renewable energy and advanced technologies. Sue’s career at CALSEIA started in the early 1980s. After leaving CALSEIA in 1986 to join the California Energy Commission (CEC), Sue rejoined CALSEIA in 2007 for a second tour of duty. Since returning to CALSEIA, Sue has led efforts to streamline the administration of the California Solar Initiative and make other programmatic improvements, develop statewide incentives for solar water heating, build comprehensive policies that integrate energy efficiency and renewable energy, inform policymakers and the public on policies and programs in a manner that will expand the use of all solar technologies in California and establish a sustainable industry for a clean energy future.
Les Nelson is the President of the Western Renewables Group and the national Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) Solar Thermal Division Chairman. He is also the former Executive Director of the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC), which rates and certifies solar thermal equipment, and a Director of the California Solar Energy Industries Association (CALSEIA) and the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP).