- Language: English
- 230 Pages
- Published: January 2012
- Region: Global
An Overview of Online Learning, 2nd Edition
- Published: January 2003
- 216 pages
- HRD Press
If you're thinking about using online learning in your organization, this book will become one of your greatest planning resources.
The author explains online learning in simple language, defines basic terms and concepts, and addresses three key considerations when planning an online learning program:
- Learning goals you can achieve with online learning, many you can't achieve in a classroom
- Technology you need to consider when starting or expanding an online learning program
- Project issues associated with the successful design, development and delivery of online learning.
- How online learning compares to distance learning, e-learning, web-based training and computer-based training
- How to deal with the new opportunities and challenges the computer imposes
- The difference between formal and informal learning
- 3 types of supporting technologies
- How to develop online learning materials.
This book includes a glossary of terms and samples of online learning lesson designs and is packed with examples, resources and suggestions to ensure your next effort is a success.
Please note: Hard copies are not available for sale for clients based in Europe