• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
FRAMED! Solve an Intriguing Mystery and Master How to Make Smart Choices
HRD Press, January 2006, Pages: 227
In this unique book, Dr. Hari Singh—a noted business professor—uses an engrossing fictional setting to make the concepts of decision-making interesting and easy-to-absorb. The book consists of 20 chapters in which a murder mystery unfolds.
You’ll learn the importance of using both your mind and your heart or intuition in making decisions. The foundation of the novel consists of seven critical concepts that are introduced and applied in the mystery:
- Framing or conceptualizing the issue creatively
- Anchoring or relying on reference points
- Cause and effect
- Taste for risk preference and the role of chance
- Negotiation and the importance of trust
- Evaluating decisions by a process
- Tracking relevant feedback
Please note: Hard copies are not available for sale for clients based in Europe.
1. Fight or Flight?
2. Thriving on Stupidity
3. The Name of the Game is the Frame
4. Rewriting the Script
5. Weigh the Anchor without Rancor
6. Cause and Effect Is Hard to Detect
7. Gravitate to Your Own Risk Taste
8. Murder or Suicide? You Decide
9. Values and Facts
10. Shortcuts that Undercut
11. Dissect the Suspects
12. Track the Feedback
13. Verify the Alibi
14. Negotiate and Trust or Go Bust
15. WARS that Resolve
16. Tamper with the Anchor
17. Can You Spot Your Blots?
18. The Frame is the Name of the Game
19. What Means to What Ends?
20. A Look in the Mirror
Epilogue The Heart of the Matter
Appendix 1: Key Concepts/Questions
Appendix 2: Checklist
Appendix 3: Glossary
Appendix 4: References/A Conceptual Overview