- Published: March 2012
- Region: Ireland
Service Station Retailing in France
- Published: March 2010
- Region: France
- 47 pages
Based on The essential market data and insight into the country's leading fuel retailers, this brief provides you with an up-to-date picture of the service station retailing market. In addition to outlining site numbers, fuel sales, competitor shares, c-store, car wash and automatic network data, it also details retailers' fuels, c-store, car wash and card product offerings.
- Data and analysis based on an annual programme of research with national service station retailers and delivered in a useable presentation format.
- A country synopsis followed by a market examination of fuel demand and value, total service stations and vehicle numbers for 5 years to January 2009.
- A review of the competitive landscape including fuel sales by service station brand, motorway and unmanned formats and shop and car wash information.
- Insight into the main competitors' propositions for fuels, c-store, food service, cards and car wash as well as ownership and network expansion plans.
Highlights of this title
The number of service stations in France has been declining continuously, with a 10.6% reduction in the entire service station network since 2005. Between 2008 and 2009, the number of service stations has fallen by 331 sites. Datamonitor expects another 3% decline in the total number of service stations in France in 2010.
TOTAL is the market leader with the largest number of service stations and a fuel volume share of 20%. TOTAL alone has over 5,000 sites, which account for over 40% of the country's entire service station network. Recently, the fuel retailer has announced the closure of 500 sites mostly in the rural areas of France.
Unlike in other European countries, French supermarket retailers have standalone motorway service stations as well as service stations at their hypermarkets and supermarkets. Fuel retailing is an important part of their retail proposition, and not just a means to drive footfall to supermarkets. Overall, there are 390 motorway service stations.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Develop new marketing ideas for your service station shop, car wash and card propositions by examining the activities of other players across Europe.
- Access a clear overview of the competitive position and operations of key fuel retailers. This is particularly useful for suppliers to the sector.
- Assess how the competitive position of the country's service station brands is evolving and identify new emerging players.
SHOW LESS READ MORE >