• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Wealth Management Competitor Tracker 2010
Datamonitor, January 2011, Pages: 24
The Wealth Management Competitor Tracker provides expert analysis and opinion on the strategic moves of leading competitors in the wealth management space. Produced on a monthly basis, the Tracker is a global product and covers over 50 players, including Barclays, Credit Suisse, Citigroup, DBS, Julius Baer and Vontobel.
Features and benefits
- Gain invaluable information on your key competitors in one concise document, and track long-term trends using the interactive news database.
- Sharpen your strategy by implementing the best market, product, competitor and strategic developments of leading global players.
- Learn the Datamonitor Wealth & Investments Team's view on the most important competitor developments in the month.
- Activity in the wealth management industry maintained a steady pace in December, with a total of 25 competitor developments recorded. This represented a decline on numbers for November, but was still in line with the 12 month average of 25, despite an anticipated Christmas-related lull in some parts of the world.
- A high level of staffing developments accounted for 14 out of the total of 25 stories, which was well above the 12 month average for this category. Many of these were accounted for by a series of senior management changes following on from end of year board meetings.
- Examples of competitor developments from December include the news that Deutsche Bank has found a buyer for BHF Bank in the form of LGT, while on the customer targeting side, Credit Suisse announced the creation of a family office hub out of Singapore.
Your key questions answered
- Which competitors have experienced the most staffing changes over the last year?
- Where is the competition expanding their presence and opening new branches?
- Which geographies have experienced the most competitive activity over the last month and year?
The Wealth Management Competitor Tracker provides both one-month and 12-month views of developments
Each month, Datamonitor tracks the most relevant announcements from 53 competitors
Datamonitor’s Wealth Management Team provides analysis of the key developments at both one-month and 12-month intervals
A fully searchable database of developments in the last 12 months is also provided alongside the report
KEY DEVELOPMENTS IN NOVEMBER
Notable developments within the wealth management industry during November
Citibank rolls out a personalized service for its Citigold clients in Singapore
Barclays Wealth has opened a Barclays Wealth Trustees office in Delaware, consolidating its North American offering
November's wealth industry activity was the highest since February, marking a return to business
There were a total of 36 developments in November
M&A, partnerships, and organic growth once again accounted for the majority of developments
Asia Pacific was the focus of 42% of the developments, reflecting competitors' shift to these high growth markets
PRODUCT INNOVATION AND CUSTOMER TARGETING
Citi Private Bank launches research application for iPad
Citi offers personalized services to Citigold clients
Santander to rebrand Banco Real’s branches in Brazil
M&A, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ORGANIC GROWTH
Barclays Wealth extends business in Asia with opening of a booking center in Hong Kong
Barclays Wealth opens US trust company
BBVA to acquire stake in Turkey’s Garanti Bank
Citibank launches smart banking branch in Nagoya, Japan
Citibank launches new branch in Guiyang
Citibank opens its first smart banking branch in Singapore
Citibank launches new high tech branch in Mong Kok, Hong Kong
Citibank expands retail operations with Happy Valley branch
Commerzbank announces sale of Commerzbank International Trust Singapore
Clariden Leu to begin operations through its representative office in Abu Dhabi
DBS launches new branch in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Deutsche Bank to finalize Postbank takeover
Sal. Oppenheim announces the final stage of its alliance with Deutsche Bank
Dexia announces the sale of a subsidiary to Penta
Julius Baer opens a branch in Hong Kong following an upgrade to its local office
Northern Trust opens first branch in Beijing
Royal Bank of Canada
Royal Bank of Canada to expand presence in Asian markets
Société Générale announces the sale of ECS group
Barclays Wealth strengthens its team in Scotland
Barclays Wealth announces a new team for its UK and Ireland private banking business
Barclays Wealth appoints a regional manager for Washington DC
Bessemer Trust announces the appointment of a principal in its Los Angeles office
HSBC to appoint senior managerial positions in retail and wealth management
Julius Baer makes changes to its executive committee
KBC Group announces changes to its executive committee
Lloyds Banking Group
Lloyds Banking Group announces a new group chief officer
Royal Bank of Canada
RBC International Banking announces a new head of Caribbean banking
Coutts & Co announces the appointment of a senior private banker
Coutts & Co announces plan to expand its global investment team
Bank Sarasin forms a new team and announces wealth management appointments
Bank Sarasin appoints a new chief investment officer in Asia
Union Bancaire Privée
Union Bancaire Privée announces appointments in its asset management division
Ask the analyst
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.