• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Advances in Textiles Technology - Issue 5, 2010
International Newsletters Ltd, May 2010
Advances in Textiles Technology provides comprehensive coverage of textile materials available for commercial use and how to explore the full potential of new textile technology. It includes the latest on state-of-the-art technology for textile applications direct from the companies and research institutes at the forefront of the latest research programs. Each issue covers materials developments, new processes and equipment, safety and protection, testing and standards, and environmental issues.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to): high-performance fibres and yarns, new machinery, advanced manufacturing processes, safety and protection materials, intelligent textiles, developments in finishing, three-dimensional structures and composites.
Safety and protection
- Plasma coating helps improve body armour design
Fibres and yarns
- Europe is target for strong E-glass
- Cationic-dyeable polyester improved
- Finer glass introduced for more sophisticated electronics
- US military demonstrates viability of reactive surface treatment
- Breakthrough coating technologies
- BMW and SGL invest heavily in carbon fibre use for automobiles
- SwissTex and RITM reunite
- SGL’s “promising” start to 2010
- Leading suppliers of heavy duty fabrics for personal protection examined
- Warp-knitted fabrics suitable for leased garments
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.