• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Denmark’s Gambling Market
MECN GmbH, November 2009, Pages: 48
Denmark’s Gambling Market - Small giant in the North – paving the way for Scandinavia?
Report on all gambling sectors in Denmark – betting, lottery, casino, machines, and interactive/online gambling as well as a unique overview of the current draft law.
Currently, the French liberalisation plans are probably getting most of the industry’s attention. But in the background, at times almost neglected, several other countries, such as Denmark, are setting about liberalising large parts of their gambling market. Denmark’s gambling market may not be as big as that of France or Italy, but the planned liberalisation is nevertheless highly relevant for the global market:
- Denmark is one of the first to liberalise its gambling market - The Danish government is one of the first in both the EU and Scandinavia to respond to the growing market share of Internet gambling operators and to the increasing pressure of the European Commission by liberalising its gambling market.
- Liberalisation goes beyond the online gambling sector - Whereas the French draft law limits liberalisation to selected online games, the Danish government goes further and also plans to open up the retail/land-based betting market.
- Denmark: paving the way for Scandinavia? - We believe that other Scandinavian states will closely watch the implementation of Denmark’s liberalisation plans, its challenges, private operators’ actions, developments of tax/levies, and, last but not least, the impact on problematic gambling.
- A Danish license: a must for private operators active in Scandinavia - the analystbelieves that private operators with a focus on Scandinavia should definitely participate in Denmark’s liberalised market. They could not only gather valuable experience but also present themselves as trustworthy partners for gambling operations throughout all of Scandinavia.
The report includes detailed analyses of all relevant topics:
- Unique overview of the liberalisation process and content of the draft law – Although the current draft law liberalising the gambling market is still confidential, the publisher and the Danish law firm Horten are able to offer the reader unique insights into key details of the draft law.
- Analyses of all sectors - The report offers an analysis of all sectors of the gambling market: interactive/online gambling, betting, lottery, gambling machines, and casinos.
- Current market figures - The report includes comprehensive market data up to 2008, such as market size and development of sales/turnover as well as gross revenues, registered users etc
- Legal/regulatory and tax information - The report provides detailed explanations of the current legislation and the taxes imposed – it was produced in cooperation with the leading legal experts of the Danish law firm Horten.
1 Introduction – Denmark, paving the way for Scandinavia?
2 Key demographic and economic figures
3 Overview of the Danish gambling market
3.1 Structure and market size
3.2 Legal framework
3.3 The tax regime for gambling activities in Denmark
4 Liberalisation ahead - unique details and analysis
4.1 Key elements of the liberalisation
4.2 The reaction of the European Commission
5 The Danish interactive gambling market
5.1 History and development
5.2 Legal situation in the interactive gambling market
5.2.1 Legal framework
5.2.2 Ladbrokes vs. the Danish state
5.2.3 The European Commission vs. state monopoly
5.2.4 Other relevant legal cases
5.3 Market size and key figures
5.4 Internet gambling heavyweights targeting the Danish market
5.5 Danske Spil’s interactive offerings
6 The Danish lottery market
6.1 History and development
6.2 Legal framework
6.3 Market size and key figures
6.4 Retail channels
7 Denmark’s betting market
7.1 History and development
7.2 Legal framework
7.3 Betting products offered
7.4 Market size and key figures
7.5 Retail channels
8 Denmark’s casino market
8.1 History and development
8.2 Legal framework
8.3 Market size and key figures
8.4 Overview of casinos in Denmark – foreign private operators dominate
9 Poker in Denmark
9.1 The status of poker
9.2 Increased liberalisation of poker to come?
9.3 A snapshot of poker clubs
10 Denmark’s gambling machine market
10.1 History and development
10.2 Legal framework
10.3 Market size and key figures
11 Key market players
11.1 Danske Spil Group
11.2 Det Danske Klasselotteri
13 List of exhibits
14 About authors and contact
List of exhibits:
Exhibit 1: Core sectors of the Danish gambling market
Exhibit 2: Development and breakdown of the Danish gambling market (turnover/sales) - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 3: Development and breakdown of the Danish gambling market (gross revenue) - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 4: Ladbrokes’ billboard in Copenhagen
Exhibit 5: Interactive turnover/sales of Danske Spil - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 6: Registered user and sales per user of Danske Spil - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 7: Localised offerings of online gambling operators for the Danish market
Exhibit 8: Online advertising of online gambling operators on Danish sports sites
Exhibit 9: Mobile gambling offer of Danske Spil
Exhibit 10: Lottery subscription via Internet
Exhibit 11: Danske Spil’s development of lottery subscription via the Internet/PBS - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 12: Development and breakdown of the Danish lottery market (turnover/sales) - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 13: Development and breakdown of the Danish lottery market (gross revenue) - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 14: Examples of lottery retailers
Exhibit 15: Development and breakdown of Danish betting market (turnover/sales) - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 16: Development and breakdown of Danish licensed sports betting market (turnover/sales) - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 17: Development of casino gross gambling revenue in Denmark - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 18: Overview of Danish casinos – no. of tables, slot machines, and ownership
Exhibit 19: Examples of Danish casinos
Exhibit 20: Example of Danish poker club
Exhibit 21: Development and breakdown of the number of gambling machines in Denmark - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 22: Development and breakdown of turnover of Danish gambling machine market - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 23: Development of gross revenues of Danish gambling machine market - 2005 to 2008
Exhibit 24: Development of Danske Spil retailers - 2005 to 2008
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.