Global Gas Shales Development, 2011 - North America Sets The Momentum For Shale Gas Developments Worldwide
- Published: November 2011
- Region: Global, North America, United States
Utica Shale In Canada - Gas Shale Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
Our energy report “Utica Shale in Canada - Gas Shale Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020” analyzes the recent activities in the Utica shale play. The report details the wells drilled in the play with initial test results, major exploration activities in the play and well costs. This "gas" report also details the major players in the shale play by acreage, drilling activities by company and provides an analysis of the operations of the major companies in the Utica shale play. The report provides an overview of the regulatory structure in the Utica shale play and the merger and acquisition activities in the play.
- The report analyzes the major activities in the Utica shale play. The scope of the report includes:
- Details of major companies in the Utica shale by acreage
- Forecast of Utica shale production to 2020
- Information on test wells drilled in the play with the operator, depth and also the test rates
- Discussion on the regulatory structure in Quebec
- Details of operational activities of the major players in the Utica shale play such as Talisman Energy, Junex Inc, Forest Oil and others
- Highlights of the merger and acquisition activities in the Utica shale play.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability. It will allow you to:
- Understand the changing dynamics of the oil and gas industry in Canada by understanding the role that the shale plays in the energy industry of the country
- Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights about this lucrative shale play
- Understand trends and activities in the Utica shale play
- Understand the market positioning of the major players in this growing shale play in Canada
- Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of insights on the future opportunities and critical success factors in the shale play. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
1 Table of contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
2 Utica Shale Play, Overview
3 Utica Shale Play, Operational Analysis
3.1 Utica Shale, Drilling Details
3.1.1 Utica Shale, Wells Drilled
3.1.2 Utica Shale, Drilling Activity by Company
3.2 Utica Shale Play, Initial Production Rates
3.3 Utica Shale Play, Reserve Estimates
3.4 Utica Shale, Cost Details
3.5 Utica Shale, Exploration And Development Activities
3.6 Utica Shale, Expected Production, 2012-2020
4 Utica Shale, Competitive Landscape
4.1 Utica Shale, Major Companies By Acreage
4.2 Utica Shale, Analysis of Major Companies
4.2.1 Junex Inc
4.2.2 Talisman Energy
4.2.3 Questerre Energy
4.2.4 Altai Resources
4.2.5 Forest Oil
5 Regulatory Framework
6 Utica Shale, Merger and Acquisition Activities
7.2.2 Secondary Research
7.2.3 Primary Research
“Utica Shale in Canada - Gas Shale Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020” analyzes the recent activities in the Utica shale play. The report details the wells drilled in the play with the initial test results, major exploration activities in the play and well costs. The report also details the major players in the shale play by acreage, drilling activities by company and provides an analysis of the operations of major companies in the Utica shale play. The report provides an overview of the regulatory structure in the Utica shale play and the merger and acquisition activities in the play.
Utica Shale Development Will Boost Upstream Oil And Gas Activities in Quebec, Canada
The Utica shale development is expected to change the future of the energy industry in Quebec. The province does not yet produce any oil and gas commercially but has one of the largest natural gas markets in Canada. The Utica shale development in the province is likely to make Quebec less dependent on natural gas imports.
Quebec is also considering special legislation to govern the new drilling activities in the Utica shale. Prior to this, Quebec had no law specifically designed to govern oil and gas operations. The shale development is likely to change the overall market dynamics of the energy industry in the province.
Encouraging Initial Results From Utica Promise a Major Shale Gas Play
The initial results from the wells drilled in the Utica shale play (both vertical and horizontal) promise huge returns from the shale play. Among the wells drilled, stable production rates of between 100 Mcf and 800 Mcf were reported. The highest flow rate was reported in Talisman’s St. Edouard No. 1A horizontal well. The initial flow rates from the well were over 12 million cubic feet per day (MMcf/day). During the test, natural gas from the well flowed at an average rate of over 6 MMcf/day.
Utica Shale Will Witness Increased Exploration and Production Activities After 2011
The exploration and production activities in the Utica shale play are expected to significantly increase in the next decade. Commercial production from the Utica shale is expected to start in 2012. The natural gas production from the shale is expected to increase from approximately 40 MMcf/day in 2012 to 536.4 MMcf/day in 2020 at an AAGR of 32.4%
Lower Natural Gas Prices Have Led To A Slow pace Of Deveploment In the Utica Shale
The Utica shale became important in 2008 with Forest Oil announcing encouraging results from the first wells drilled in the play. Forest Oil announced that the shale had properties similar to the Barnett shale in the US and has a huge potential to emerge as a major shale play in Canada. However, with the natural gas prices remaining low in 2009, the pace of development in the shale has remained slow. The total number of wells drilled in Utica shale during Jan 2007 and May 2010 stood at 27.