• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
China Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2010
Business Monitor International, August 2010, Pages: 56
The China Consumer Electronics Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, electronics associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on China's consumer electronics industry.
China’s consumer electronics devices market, defined to include computing devices, mobile handsets and video, audio and gaming products, is projected to be worth around US$159.6bn in 2010, and this is expected to increase to US$221.9bn by 2014. In H110, consumer electronics sales continued to grow, boosted by strong sales during the Chinese New Year peak shopping season, although shipments of LCD TV sets fell below previous expectations, resulting in high inventories.
A second phase of the government’s rural consumer electronics subsidy programme is projected to drive sales of flat-screen TV sets and other products in the second half of the year in rural areas. Spending on consumer electronics products is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% through 2014, with demand for computers and TV sets in tier-three to tier-six cities and rural areas a key driver, along with more sales of high-end items like LCD TV sets, 3G mobile handsets and smartphones.
Computers accounted for around 38% of China’s consumer electronics spending in 2009. The report forecasts Chinese domestic market computer hardware sales (including notebooks and accessories) of US$57.1bn in 2010, up from US$52.0bn in 2009. Computer hardware CAGR for 2010-2014 will be around 12.0%. The government’s rural computer subsidy programme will act as a significant driver, along with falling prices.
AV devices accounted for around 40% of Chinese consumer electronics spending in 2009. China’s domestic video, audio and gaming device market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% between 2010 and 2014, up to a value of US$86.7bn.
About 34mn LCD TV set units are projected to be sold in 2010, with Chinese consumers demonstrating a preference for larger screen sizes and internet-enabled TV sets.
China’s mobile handset sales accounted for around 24% of Chinese consumer electronics spending in 2009. Total Chinese market handset sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 10% to 404.4mn units in 2014, as mobile penetration reaches 114%. The rural market will be the main source of subscriber growth, while vendors will also focus a rapidly expanding 3G handset market and demand for smartphones, which currently account for around 15% of Chinese handset sales.
- Mobile Handsets
- China Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- China Electronics Industry SWOT
- China Political SWOT
- China Economic SWOT
- China Business Environment SWOT
Asia Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Asia Regional Consumer Electronics Business Environment Ratings
- Government Authority
- Hong Kong
Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: Computers – Demand
- Table: AV – Demand
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Handsets – Demand
Consumer Electronics Industry
- Table: IT Industry Overview
- Table: China’s IT & Electronics Industry Revenue Breakdown By Sector
- Table: China’s IT & Electronics Industry Output Breakdown By Product
- Table: Development Of China’s Scale Electronics & Information Manufacturing In Different Regions, January-May 2009
- Table: Semiconductors Demand
- Video, Audio And Gaming
- Mobile Handsets
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview
- Industry Developments
- Table: China – Economic Activity
Domestic Company Profiles
- Semiconductor International Manufacturing Corp Public: HKEX, NYSE Lenovo
Country Snapshot: China Demographic Data
- Section 1: Population
- Table: Demographic Indicators, 2005-2030
- Table: Rural/Urban Breakdown, 2005-2030
- Section 2: Education And Healthcare
- Table: Education, 2002-2005
- Table: Vital Statistics, 2005-2030
- Section 3: Labour Market And Spending Power
- Table: Employment Indicators, 2001-2006
- Table: Consumer Expenditure, 2000-2012 (US$)
- Table: Average Annual Manufacturing Wages, 2005-2012
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Electronics Industry
A sample for this product is available. Please Login/Register to download this sample.