- Language: English
- 1493 Pages
- Published: March 2012
- Region: Global
ALLETE, Inc. (ALE) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- Published: July 2010
- Region: Global
- 31 pages
ALLETE, Inc. (ALLETE) is a diversified company that provides fundamental services. It is mainly engaged in the provision of energy services in the upper Midwest and also participates in real estate holdings in Florida. The company's business is comprised of Regulated Operations, and Investments and Other. The Regulated Operations segment is engaged in the retail and wholesale of rate-regulated electric, natural gas, and water services. The Investments and Other segment are engaged in the coal mining business in North Dakota and real estate business in Florida.
ALLETE, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 12, 2010 ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $61 Million In 2009
Feb 08, 2010 ALLETE's CEO Don Shippar Announces Retirement; Alan R. Hodnik Named Successor
Oct 30, 2009 ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $15.8 Million In Q3 2009
Oct 22, 2009 ALLETE Appoints James S. Haines To Board Of Directors
Aug 05, 2009 ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $9.3 Million In Q2 2009
This comprehensive SWOT profile of ALLETE, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
ALLETE, Inc. - Key Facts
ALLETE, Inc. - Key Employees
ALLETE, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
ALLETE, Inc. - Major Products and Services
ALLETE, Inc. - History
ALLETE, Inc. - Company Statement
ALLETE, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
ALLETE, Inc. - Business Description
ALLETE, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
ALLETE, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Strong Growth Prospects
Strength - Strong Liquidity Position
Strength - Established Customer Base
Strength - Broad Spectrum of Operations
ALLETE, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Low Return on Equity
Weakness - Weak Financial Performance
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
ALLETE, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Diversified Sales Initiatives
Opportunity - Government Initiatives Encouraging Renewable Power
Opportunity - Increasing Energy Demand in North America
ALLETE, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Substitutes for Renewable Energy Sources
Threat - Transmission & Distribution Facilities Dependence
Threat - Intense Competition in Real Estate Sector
Threat - Operational Faults
ALLETE, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Feb 12, 2010: ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $61 Million In 2009
Feb 08, 2010: ALLETE's CEO Don Shippar Announces Retirement; Alan R. Hodnik Named Successor
Oct 30, 2009: ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $15.8 Million In Q3 2009
Oct 22, 2009: ALLETE Appoints James S. Haines To Board Of Directors
Aug 05, 2009: ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $9.3 Million In Q2 2009
May 12, 2009: ALLETE Appoints Alan Hodnik As President
May 01, 2009: ALLETE Reports Net Income Of $16.9 Million In Q1 2009
Feb 13, 2009: ALLETE Reports 2008 Results
Jan 22, 2009: ALLETE Declares Increased Quarterly Dividend
Section 5 - Appendix
Alliant Energy Corporation
Black Hills Corporation
CH Energy Group, Inc.
MGE Energy, Inc.
OGE Energy Corp.
Otter Tail Corporation
PNM Resources, Inc.
UIL Holdings Corporation
Westar Energy, Inc.
Central Vermont Public Service Corporation
Great Plains Energy Incorporated
UniSource Energy Corporation