- Language: English
- Published: November 2012
Donegal Group Inc. (DGICA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1290699
- September 2013
- 29 pages
Donegal Group Inc. (DGICA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Donegal Group Inc. (DGI) is an insurance holding company, through its subsidiaries, offers personal and commercial lines of property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. DGI offers full lines of personal, commercial products including commercial multi-peril, automobile, homeowners, and workers’ compensation, among others. The company offers its products and services through two operating business segments, namely, Personal Lines and Commercial Lines. DGI markets its products across 22 Mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, New England, and Southern states of the US through a network of trained personals and representatives of independent insurance agencies.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Donegal Group Inc. - Key Facts
Donegal Group Inc. - Key Employees
Donegal Group Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Donegal Group Inc. - Major Products and Services
Donegal Group Inc. - History
Donegal Group Inc. - Company Statement
Donegal Group Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Donegal Group Inc. - Business Description
Donegal Group Inc. - Corporate Strategy
Donegal Group Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Donegal Group Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Improvement in Combined Ratio
Strength - Sound Investment Portfolio
Strength - Top-line Growth
Donegal Group Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Premium to Surplus Ratio
Donegal Group Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisition and Merger
Opportunity - Rising Demand for Automobiles
Opportunity - North America: Non-Life Insurance Outlook
Opportunity - Housing and Mortgage Market
Donegal Group Inc. - Threats
Threat - Lower Interest Rates
Threat - Catastrophe Losses
Threat - Competition
Donegal Group Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Donegal Group Inc., Key Facts
Donegal Group Inc., Key Employees
Donegal Group Inc., Key Employee Biographies
Donegal Group Inc., Major Products and Services
Donegal Group Inc., History
Donegal Group Inc., Other Locations
Donegal Group Inc., Subsidiaries
Donegal Group Inc., Key Competitors
Donegal Group Inc., Ratios based on current share price
Donegal Group Inc., Annual Ratios
Donegal Group Inc., Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Donegal Group Inc., Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
Donegal Group Inc., Ratio Charts
Harleysville Group Inc.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
Fremont Michigan InsuraCorp Inc.
Kingsway Financial Services Inc.
National Interstate Corporation
Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
American International Group, Inc.
Allstate Insurance Company