• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Quidel Corporation (QDEL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2011, Pages: 47
Quidel Corporation (QDEL) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Quidel Corporation (Quidel) is a medical device company engaged in the development, manufacturing and marketing of rapid diagnostic testing solutions at the point of care (POC) in infectious diseases and reproductive health. The company focuses on Point of Care testing solutions for physician’s office lab and acute care markets globally. It offers products for Bone Health, and for reproductive and women's health, including pregnancy, Chlamydia trachomatis; and infectious diseases, such as Influenza, Group A Strep, and Respiratory Syncitial Virus test. Quidel sells its products in physician offices, hospitals, clinical laboratories, retail clinics and wellness screening centers. Quidel markets its Point of Care products in the US, Japan, Europe and Middle East, and is headquartered in California, the US.
Quidel Corporation Key Recent Developments…
Apr 28, 2011 Quidel Reports Net Income Of $11.4m In Q1 2011
Feb 24, 2011 Quidel Reports Total Revenues Of $113.3m In 2010
Oct 27, 2010 Quidel Reports Net Loss Of $5.9 Million For Q3 2010
Jul 29, 2010 Quidel Reports Total Revenues Of $25.02 Million In Q2 2010
Apr 29, 2010 Quidel Reports Total Revenues Of $28.4 Million In Q1 2010
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Quidel Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Quidel Corporation - Key Facts
Quidel Corporation - Key Employees
Quidel Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Quidel Corporation - Major Products and Services
Quidel Corporation - Medical Equipment Pipeline Products Data
Quidel Corporation Pipeline Products by Equipment Type
Quidel Corporation Pipeline Products by Development Stage
Quidel Corporation - History
Quidel Corporation - Company Statement
Quidel Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Quidel Corporation - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Quidel Corporation - Business Description
Quidel Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Quidel Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Quidel Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Focused R&D Activities
Strength - Provider of Rapid Diagnostic Solutions
Strength - Increased Asset Position
Weakness - Seasonality of Demand
Weakness - Dependency on Confined Distributor Network
Weakness - Increasing Trade Receivables
Weakness - Decline in Liquidity Reserves
Opportunity - Growing POC Markets
Opportunity - Acquisition of Diagnostic Hybrids
Opportunity - Product Approvals
Opportunity - Market Growth in Emerging Economies
Threat - Cost Containment Pressures
Threat - Stringent Government Regulations
Threat - Competitive Landscape
Threat - Rapid Technological Change
Quidel Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances
Quidel Corporation, Medical Equipment, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Quidel Corporation, Medical Equipment, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Quidel Corporation, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Quidel Corporation, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Quidel Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Apr 28, 2011: Quidel Reports Net Income Of $11.4m In Q1 2011
Feb 24, 2011: Quidel Reports Total Revenues Of $113.3m In 2010
Oct 27, 2010: Quidel Reports Net Loss Of $5.9 Million For Q3 2010
Jul 29, 2010: Quidel Reports Total Revenues Of $25.02 Million In Q2 2010
Apr 29, 2010: Quidel Reports Total Revenues Of $28.4 Million In Q1 2010
Feb 19, 2010: Quidel Acquires Diagnostic Hybrids
Feb 11, 2010: Quidel Reports Net Income Of $32.9 Million In 2009
Jan 10, 2010: Quidel Signs Agreement To Acquire Diagnostic Hybrids
Section 6 – Appendix
Chemicon International, Inc.
Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
Sekisui Medical Co., Ltd
Fisher Scientific Corporation
Becton, Dickinson and Company
Beckman Coulter, Inc.