• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
bioMerieux S.A. (BIM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, May 2011, Pages: 50
bioMerieux S.A. (BIM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
bioMerieux S.A. (bioMerieux) is engaged in the design, development and manufacture of diagnostic systems and reagents for physicians and biologists. It operates through two business divisions, namely, Clinical Applications and Industrial Applications. It offers diagnostic solutions such as instruments, reagents and software. The company's products are used in diagnosing infectious diseases and provide high medical value results in cancer screening and monitoring and cardiovascular emergencies. Its products also detect microorganisms in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. Its operations are spread over 150 countries through 39 subsidiaries and have a broad network of distributors. The company is headquartered in Marcy l’Etoile, France.
bioMerieux S.A. Key Recent Developments…
Mar 08, 2011 bioMerieux Reports Net Sales Of €1.3 Billion In 2010
Jan 04, 2011 bioMerieux Appoints James Whelan As Executive Vice President, Commercial Services
Dec 06, 2010 Hospitals, Healthcare Providers To Benefit From New Premier Agreements For Automated Blood Culture And Mycobacterial Recovery Analyzers, Reagents, Consumables And Service
Dec 01, 2010 bioMérieux Restructures Clinical Culture Media Business In North America And Closes Portland, Oregon Site
Sep 06, 2010 bioMerieux Reports Net Sales Of EUR650.6 Million In H1 2010
This comprehensive SWOT profile of bioMerieux S.A. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
bioMerieux S.A. - Key Facts
bioMerieux S.A. - Key Employees
bioMerieux S.A. - Key Employee Biographies
bioMerieux S.A. - Major Products and Services
bioMerieux S.A. - Medical Equipment Pipeline Products Data
bioMerieux S.A. Pipeline Products by Equipment Type
bioMerieux S.A. Pipeline Products by Development Stage
bioMerieux S.A. - History
bioMerieux S.A. - Company Statement
bioMerieux S.A. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
bioMerieux S.A. - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
bioMerieux S.A. - Business Description
Business Description - Clinical Applications
Clinical Applications - Overview
Clinical Applications - Financials
Clinical Applications - Market View
Clinical Applications - Technology
Business Description - Industrial Applications
Industrial Applications - Overview
Industrial Applications - Financials
Industrial Applications - Key Strategies
Industrial Applications - Technology
bioMerieux S.A. - Corporate Strategy
bioMerieux S.A. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
bioMerieux S.A. - Strengths
Strength - Strong Growth in Top and Bottom Line
Strength - Global Presence
Strength - Proprietary Technologies
Strength - Strong Research and Development Activities
bioMerieux S.A. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Product Recall
Weakness - Legal Disputes
bioMerieux S.A. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Market Growth in Emerging Economies
Opportunity - Growing In Vitro Diagnostics Market
Opportunity - Market Opportunity - Infectious Disease
Opportunity - Strategic Acquisitions
Opportunity - Business Development Agreements
bioMerieux S.A. - Threats
Threat - Introduction of Innovative Technologies
Threat - Stringent Governmental Regulations
Threat - Industry Consolidation Challenges
bioMerieux S.A. - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances
bioMerieux S.A., Medical Equipment, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
bioMerieux S.A., Medical Equipment, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
bioMerieux S.A., Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Mar 08, 2011: bioMerieux Reports Net Sales Of €1.3 Billion In 2010
Jan 04, 2011: bioMerieux Appoints James Whelan As Executive Vice President, Commercial Services
Dec 06, 2010: Hospitals, Healthcare Providers To Benefit From New Premier Agreements For Automated Blood Culture And Mycobacterial Recovery Analyzers, Reagents, Consumables And Service
Dec 01, 2010: bioMérieux Restructures Clinical Culture Media Business In North America And Closes Portland, Oregon Site
Sep 06, 2010: bioMerieux Reports Net Sales Of EUR650.6 Million In H1 2010
Jul 19, 2010: bioMerieux Appoints Jacques Baudin As Vice President, Commercial Operations Information Technology
May 17, 2010: bioMerieux Manuel Mendez As Executive Vice President, Commercial Operations
Apr 21, 2010: bioMerieux Reports Net Sales Of EUR306.6 Million In Q1 2010
Mar 08, 2010: bioMerieux Reports Net income Of EUR148.2 Million In 2009
Mar 08, 2010: ExonHit Therapeutics, bioMerieux To Terminate Colon Cancer Collaboration
Section 6 – Appendix
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
Beckman Coulter, Inc.
Becton, Dickinson and Company