• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Kazakhmys PLC (KAZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2011, Pages: 37
Kazakhmys PLC (KAZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Kazakhmys PLC (Kazakhmys) is a UK-based company engaged in the production and sale of copper. The operations ranging from mining ore through to the production of finished metal. In addition to producing copper, it also produces other metals such as zinc, silver and gold. Kazakhmys is also engaged in exploration, production and development of oil and gas, coal mining, and generation of electricity. The company has four divisions namely Copper Division, Petroleum Division, Gold Division and Power Division. The company conducts its operations in Kazakhstan and the surrounding region and distributes its products mainly in the regions of Chinese, European and Middle Eastern markets. Its by-products are sold under annual contracts with the remainder sold on the spot market. Its subsidiary MKM is engaged in the production and distribution of copper and copper alloy semi-finished products. Kazakhmys through its 11 subsidiaries operates across the UK, Germany, and Kazakhstan. The company is headquartered in London, the UK.
Kazakhmys PLC Key Recent Developments…
Sep 24, 2010 Kazakhmys Announces 40% Increase In Power Capacity At Ekibastuz By 2014, Approves $400 Million Of Capital Expenditure
Mar 30, 2010 Kazakhmys Reports Revenues Of $2.40 Billion In 2009
Feb 22, 2010 Kazakhmys And Samruk-Kazyna Owned Ekibastuz Power Project To Invest $1 Billion For Capacity Upgrades
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Kazakhmys PLC provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Kazakhmys PLC - Key Facts
Kazakhmys PLC - Key Employees
Kazakhmys PLC - Key Employee Biographies
Kazakhmys PLC - Major Products and Services
Kazakhmys PLC - Key Operational Summary
Kazakhmys PLC - History
Kazakhmys PLC - Company Statement
Kazakhmys PLC - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Kazakhmys PLC - Business Description
Kazakhmys PLC - Corporate Strategy
Kazakhmys PLC - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Kazakhmys PLC - Strengths
Strength - Strong Market Position
Strength - Integrated Operations
Strength - Strategic Location of Operations
Strength - Positive Trend in Financial Performance
Weakness - Increasing Operational Fatalities
Weakness - Trade Receivables
Opportunity - Rising Copper Demand
Opportunity - Emerging Technologies in the Metal & Mining Sector
Opportunity - Strategic Agreeement New Projects
Threat - Operational Risks
Threat - Environmental Regulations
Threat - Intense Competition
Kazakhmys PLC - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances
Kazakhmys PLC, Power, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Kazakhmys PLC, Power, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Kazakhmys PLC, Oil & Gas, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Kazakhmys PLC, Oil & Gas, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Kazakhmys PLC, Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Sep 24, 2010: Kazakhmys Announces 40% Increase In Power Capacity At Ekibastuz By 2014, Approves $400 Million Of Capital Expenditure
Mar 30, 2010: Kazakhmys Reports Revenues Of $2.40 Billion In 2009
Feb 22, 2010: Kazakhmys And Samruk-Kazyna Owned Ekibastuz Power Project To Invest $1 Billion For Capacity Upgrades
Section 6 – Appendix
Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation PLC
Hochschild Mining plc
BHP Billiton Limited
Katanga Mining Limited
Rio Tinto Plc
Connemara Mining Company plc
African Copper plc
Regency Mines Plc