- Language: English
- 54 Pages
- Published: June 2015
- Region: Global
Matthews International Corporation (MATW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1291021
- March 2015
- Region: Global
- 31 pages
Matthews International Corporation (MATW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by The publisher to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Matthews International Corporation (Matthews) is a manufacturer and marketer of memorialization products and brand solutions. Its products include bronze memorials, granite memorials, caskets and cremation equipment. It offers its products to cemetery, funeral home and architectural industries. The company also offers a wide range of brand solutions such as graphics imaging products, marking products and merchandising solutions. It provides branding, product identification, traceability and compliance solutions for manufacturing and packaging operations across the world. Matthews operates through six business segments, namely, Cemetery Products, Funeral Home Products, Cremation, Graphics Imaging, Marking and Fulfillment Systems and Merchandising Solutions. It has operations in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Matthews is headquartered in Pennsylvania, the US.
As a part of the company’s strategy, it plans to focus on expanding its portfolio of products and services for the warehouse management market.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Matthews International Corporation - Key Facts
Matthews International Corporation - Key Employees
Matthews International Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Matthews International Corporation - Major Products and Services
Matthews International Corporation - History
Matthews International Corporation - Company Statement
Matthews International Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Matthews International Corporation - Business Description
Matthews International Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Matthews International Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Matthews International Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Presence across Memorialization Businesses
Strength - Increase in Brand Solutions Business Revenue
Strength - Leading Market Presence
Matthews International Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Increase in Operating Expenses
Weakness - Decline in Funeral Home Products Segment Revenue
Matthews International Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Focus on Development of New Products
Opportunity - Acquisition of Schawk
Opportunity - Increasing Geriatric Population
Matthews International Corporation - Threats
Threat - Volatility in Price Level
Threat - Improvements in the Healthcare Industry
Threat - Competitive Pressures
Matthews International Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Matthews International Corporation, Key Facts
Matthews International Corporation, Key Employees
Matthews International Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Matthews International Corporation, Major Products and Services
Matthews International Corporation, History
Matthews International Corporation, Subsidiaries
Matthews International Corporation, Key Competitors
Matthews International Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Matthews International Corporation, Annual Ratios
Matthews International Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Matthews International Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014)
Matthews International Corporation, Ratio Charts
Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
Rock of Ages Corporation
Stewart Enterprises, Inc.