Sempra Energy (SRE) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- ID: 1291151
- July 2010
- 35 pages
Sempra Energy (Sempra) is a Fortune 500 energy services holding company. Sempra is engaged in developing energy infrastructure and providing related products and services to a wide range of consumers worldwide. Sempra’s operations are divided between Sempra Utilities (San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E) Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas)) and Sempra Global (Sempra LNG, Sempra Commodities, Sempra Generation and Sempra Pipelines & Storage). Sempra geographically operates in major areas including the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, South America and Asia. The company is headquartered at San Diego in California, the US.
Sempra Energy Key Recent Developments
Jun 29, 2010 Sempra Energy Publishes Latest Corporate Responsibility Report
Jun 28, 2010 Sempra LNG Says Mexican Appellate Court Revokes Order To Suspend Terminal Permits
Jun 21, 2010 Sempra LNG Reports Court Order To Provisionally Suspend Regulatory Authorizations For Operation Of Mexican LNG Terminal
May 04, 2010 Sempra Energy Reports Revenues Of $2.53 Billion In Q1 2010
Apr 22, 2010 Gazprom Global Signs Agreement With Sempra LNG To Supply LNG
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Sempra Energy provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Sempra Energy - Key Facts
Sempra Energy - Key Employees
Sempra Energy - Key Employee Biographies
Sempra Energy - Major Products and Services
Sempra Energy - History
Sempra Energy - Company Statement
Sempra Energy - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Sempra Energy - Business Description
Sempra Energy - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Sempra Energy - Strengths
Strength - Commencement of Gulf Coast LNG terminal Operation
Strength - Strong Customer Base
Strength - Diverse Energy-Related Businesses
Sempra Energy - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Weakness - Limited Operating Margin
Weakness - Poor Resource Management
Sempra Energy - Opportunities
Opportunity - Expansion through Inorganic Growth
Opportunity - Growing Presence across Renewable Energy Sector
Opportunity - Introduction of Metering Technology
Sempra Energy - Threats
Threat - Fluctuations in Weather Conditions
Threat - Threat to LNG Industry
Threat - Raw Material Cost Fluctuation
Threat - Dependence on the US Market
Sempra Energy - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Jun 29, 2010: Sempra Energy Publishes Latest Corporate Responsibility Report
Jun 28, 2010: Sempra LNG Says Mexican Appellate Court Revokes Order To Suspend Terminal Permits
Jun 21, 2010: Sempra LNG Reports Court Order To Provisionally Suspend Regulatory Authorizations For Operation Of Mexican LNG Terminal
May 04, 2010: Sempra Energy Reports Revenues Of $2.53 Billion In Q1 2010
Apr 22, 2010: Gazprom Global Signs Agreement With Sempra LNG To Supply LNG
Apr 14, 2010: Sempra Energy To Construct 1.2GW Wind Farm At Sierra De Juarez In Baja California, Mexico
Mar 25, 2010: Sempra Energy's Unit To Develop 800MW Of Solar Power In Arizona And California
Feb 25, 2010: Sempra Reports Net Income Of $1.12 Billion In 2009
Jan 20, 2010: Sempra Energy, Subsidiaries Announce Organizational Changes
Dec 22, 2009: BP Wind Energy, Sempra Generation Announce Commercial Operation Of Second Phase Of Fowler Ridge Wind Farm, Indiana
Section 5 - Appendix