• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Elekta AB (EKTA B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, August 2011, Pages: 52
Elekta AB (EKTA B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Elekta AB (Elekta) is a medical technology company engaged in developing advanced clinical solutions, comprehensive information systems and offering services for the management of brain disorders and improved cancer care. It principally operates under three divisions, namely, Elekta Neuroscience, which provides integrated solutions for stereotactic radio-surgery and minimally invasive neurosurgery; Elekta Oncology, which provides clinical solutions for radiation therapy; and Elekta Software, which provides integrated treatment planning, information and workflow management systems. The company’s products are used in treating cancer with radio therapy and in diagnosing and treating brain disorders in more than 5,000 hospitals worldwide. Elekta principally operates in the regions of North America, Europe, Asia and Japan. The company is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Elekta AB Key Recent Developments…
Jul 20, 2011 Findings On Use Of Elekta SBRT To Treat Early Stage NSCLC Presented At Lung Cancer Conference
Jul 18, 2011 Latest Releases Of XiO Planning And Focal Contouring Systems To Increase Efficiency In Planning Therapy: Elekta
Jun 09, 2011 Elekta Reports Net Sales Of SEK7.9 Billion In Fiscal Year Ended 2011
Apr 08, 2011 Elekta Emphasizes Advantages Of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Over Competing Systems At 2011 AANS Meeting
Mar 15, 2011 Nottingham University Hospital Uses Elekta's Electronic Medical Record Workspace For Image Guided Radiation Therapy
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Elekta AB provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Elekta AB - Key Facts
Elekta AB - Key Employees
Elekta AB - Key Employee Biographies
Elekta AB - Major Products and Services
Elekta AB - Medical Equipment Pipeline Products Data
Elekta AB Pipeline Products by Equipment Type
Elekta AB - History
Elekta AB - Company Statement
Elekta AB - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Elekta AB - Key Manufacturing Facilities
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Elekta AB - Business Description
Business Description - Treatment for Cancer and Brain disorders
Treatment for Cancer and Brain disorders - Overview
Treatment for Cancer and Brain disorders - Financials
Treatment for Cancer and Brain disorders - Market View
Treatment for Cancer and Brain disorders - Technology
Elekta AB - Corporate Strategy
Elekta AB - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Elekta AB - Strengths
Strength - Geographical Diversity
Strength - Strong Liquidity Position
Strength - Comprehensive Product and Service Portfolio
Strength - Financial Performance
Strength - Industry Recognitions
Elekta AB - Weaknesses
Weakness - Product Recalls
Elekta AB - Opportunities
Opportunity - Inorganic Growth Strategy
Opportunity - Huge Potential in Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Growing Cancer Market
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements
Opportunity - Regulatory Approvals and New Product Launches
Elekta AB - Threats
Threat - Rapid Technological Changes
Threat - Government Regulations
Threat - Intense Competition
Threat - Alternative Therapies
Threat - Industry Consolidation Challenges
Elekta AB - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Lifesciences Financial Deals and Alliances
Elekta AB, Medical Equipment, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Elekta AB, Medical Equipment, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Elekta AB, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
Elekta AB, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
Elekta AB, Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
Jul 20, 2011: Findings On Use Of Elekta SBRT To Treat Early Stage NSCLC Presented At Lung Cancer Conference
Jul 18, 2011: Latest Releases Of XiO Planning And Focal Contouring Systems To Increase Efficiency In Planning Therapy: Elekta
Jun 09, 2011: Elekta Reports Net Sales Of SEK7.9 Billion In Fiscal Year Ended 2011
Apr 08, 2011: Elekta Emphasizes Advantages Of Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion Over Competing Systems At 2011 AANS Meeting
Mar 15, 2011: Nottingham University Hospital Uses Elekta's Electronic Medical Record Workspace For Image Guided Radiation Therapy
Mar 08, 2011: Elekta Reports Net Income Of SEK195m In Q3 Fiscal Year Ended 2011
Dec 08, 2010: Elekta Reports Net Sales Of SEK1.9 Billion In Q2 Fiscal Year Ended 2011
Nov 02, 2010: Elekta Presents Solutions For Ultimate Precision In Cancer Care At ASTRO Investor Meeting
Oct 28, 2010: Elekta Highlights Full Spectrum Of Cancer Management Solutions At 2010 ASTRO
Sep 08, 2010: Elekta Reports Net Income Of SEK103 Million In Q1 Fiscal 2011
Section 6 – Appendix
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.