- Language: English
- 37 Pages
- Published: October 2014
MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1291741
- September 2013
- 25 pages
MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
MGIC Investment Corporation (MIGC) is a US-based financial holding company. The company, through its subsidiaries Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation and MGIC Indemnity Corporation, provides private mortgage insurance. It offers primary insurance, pool insurance and bulk transactions coverage. The company also provides contract underwriting and related services and various mortgage services including portfolio analytics, loan origination, mortgage lead generation and secondary marketing of mortgage-related assets for the mortgage finance industry. MGIC is licensed in all 50 states of the US, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
MGIC Investment Corporation - Key Facts
MGIC Investment Corporation - Key Employees
MGIC Investment Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
MGIC Investment Corporation - Major Products and Services
MGIC Investment Corporation - History
MGIC Investment Corporation - Company Statement
MGIC Investment Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
MGIC Investment Corporation - Business Description
MGIC Investment Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
MGIC Investment Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Comprehensive Product Portfolio
Strength - Industry Expertise
MGIC Investment Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Combined Ratio
Weakness - Profitability
MGIC Investment Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - North America: Non-Life Insurance Outlook
Opportunity - Growth Prospects: US Economy
Opportunity - Housing and Mortgage Market
MGIC Investment Corporation - Threats
Threat - Lower Interest Rates
Threat - Competition
Threat - Catastrophe Losses
MGIC Investment Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
MGIC Investment Corporation, Key Facts
MGIC Investment Corporation, Key Employees
MGIC Investment Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
MGIC Investment Corporation, Major Products and Services
MGIC Investment Corporation, History
MGIC Investment Corporation, Subsidiaries
MGIC Investment Corporation, Key Competitors
MGIC Investment Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
MGIC Investment Corporation, Annual Ratios
MGIC Investment Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
MGIC Investment Corporation, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
MGIC Investment Corporation, Ratio Charts
Genworth Financial, Inc.
Old Republic International Corporation
Radian Group Inc.
Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.