- Published: June 2011
- Region: Global
Wipro Limited (507685) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- Published: July 2010
- Region: Global
- 40 pages
Wipro Limited (Wipro) is one of the leading provider of integrated business, technology and process solutions on a global delivery platform. It is one of the world’s largest independent R&D services provider and is among top three offshore BPO service providers in the world. The company is specialized in applying Lean Manufacturing techniques to IT services. It offers a comprehensive-range of services including, business technology services, enterprise application services, infrastructure management services, business process outsourcing (BPO), consulting, enterprise technology integration, product engineering services, testing services and total outsourcing.
Wipro Limited Key Recent Developments
Mar 09, 2010 Wipro signs BPOS agreement with Microsoft
Feb 25, 2010 Punjab and Sind Bank Signs IT Outsourcing Contract With Wipro
Feb 01, 2010 Wipro, Trend Micro team up to deliver virtualisation security offerings for datacentres
Jan 20, 2010 Wipro Q3 revenue up 5% to INR69.66bn
Jan 12, 2010 Wipro launches cloud-based retail offerings
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Wipro Limited provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Wipro Limited - Key Facts
Wipro Limited - Key Employees
Wipro Limited - Key Employee Biographies
Wipro Limited - Key Operational Employees
Wipro Limited - Major Products and Services
Wipro Limited - History
Wipro Limited - Company Statement
Wipro Limited - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Wipro Limited - Business Description
Wipro Limited - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Wipro Limited - Strengths
Strength - Comprehensive Range of Services
Strength - Strong R&D Activities
Strength - Long Term Relationships
Strength - Recognized Player
Wipro Limited - Weaknesses
Weakness - Concentrated Revenues
Wipro Limited - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Opportunities in the Emerging Markets
Opportunity - Growing BPO Markets
Opportunity - Strategic Agreements and Alliances
Opportunity - Positive Outlook for IT Services
Wipro Limited - Threats
Threat - Fluctuating Nature of Revenues
Threat - Economic Slowdown
Threat - Retention of Skilled Labor
Threat - Competitive Environment
Wipro Limited - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Mar 09, 2010: Wipro signs BPOS agreement with Microsoft
Feb 25, 2010: Punjab and Sind Bank Signs IT Outsourcing Contract With Wipro
Feb 01, 2010: Wipro, Trend Micro team up to deliver virtualisation security offerings for datacentres
Jan 20, 2010: Wipro Q3 revenue up 5% to INR69.66bn
Jan 12, 2010: Wipro launches cloud-based retail offerings
Jan 12, 2010: Wipro, Oracle launch new Process Integration Pack
Dec 08, 2009: Symantec, Wipro partner for data loss prevention, backup, recovery services
Dec 07, 2009: SAP and Wipro unveils business intelligence product SAP EcoHub
Nov 26, 2009: Wipro opens new development centre in China
Oct 27, 2009: Wipro Q2 revenue up 6% to INR69.17 billion
Section 5 - Appendix
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Cognizant Technology Solutions