- Language: English
- 54 Pages
- Published: December 2014
Sysco Corporation (SYY) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
- ID: 1291990
- July 2010
- 34 pages
Sysco Corporation (Sysco), is a North American distributor of food and related products to the foodservice or food-prepared-away-from-home industry. The company operates through its subsidiaries and divisions. It serves to over 400,000 customers, including restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other foodservice customers. The company chiefly operates through two segments, namely, Broadline, and SYGMA. Geographically, it operates throughout the US and Canada. Sysco is headquartered in Houston, the US.
Sysco Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jun 17, 2010 Air Products’ Hydrogen Fueling Technology Powering New Sysco Warehouse Operations
Feb 01, 2010 Sysco Q2 Operating Income Increases 9.6%
Sep 10, 2009 Sysco Names New Chief Financial Officer
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Sysco Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities - A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Sysco Corporation - Key Facts
Sysco Corporation - Key Employees
Sysco Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Sysco Corporation - Major Products and Services
Sysco Corporation - History
Sysco Corporation - Company Statement
Sysco Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Sysco Corporation - Business Description
Sysco Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Sysco Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Robust Supply Chain Management
Strength - Expanding Operating Margin
Strength - Diversified Customer Base
Strength - Broad Product Portfolio
Strength - Wide Distribution Channels
Sysco Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Weakness - Declining Market Share in Sector
Weakness - Confined Geographical Presence
Sysco Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Enhanced Technology Platform
Opportunity - Business Expansions
Opportunity - Increasing Trend of Eating Out
Opportunity - Growth in Organic foods
Sysco Corporation - Threats
Threat - Renegotiation of Union Contracts
Threat - Slowdown in North American Population Growth
Threat - Highly Competitive Market
Sysco Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Jun 17, 2010: Air Products’ Hydrogen Fueling Technology Powering New Sysco Warehouse Operations
Feb 01, 2010: Sysco Q2 Operating Income Increases 9.6%
Sep 10, 2009: Sysco Names New Chief Financial Officer
Section 5 - Appendix
Meadowbrook Meat Company, Inc.
U.S. Foodservice, Inc.
Gordon Food Service
Keystone Foods LLC
Performance Food Group