• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
Itron, Inc. (ITRI) - Financial and Strategic Analysis Review
GlobalData, July 2010, Pages: 37
Itron, Inc. (Itron) is principally engaged in the provision of solid-state meters and data collection and communication systems such as automated meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) technology. The company principally deals with advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and smart metering in the US. Itron offers a broad product portfolio for energy and water industries. In addition, it also provides a wide spectrum of services including enterprise-wide software applications, project management, and installation and consulting services.
Itron, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Jul 01, 2010 Itron To Provide Gas Advanced Metering Technology To Residents Of New Delhi, India
Jun 17, 2010 Iberdrola Selects Itron For Smart Grid Initiative
Jun 09, 2010 Itron Announces Expansion Of Its Revolving Line Of Credit
Jun 02, 2010 Verizon Wireless Partners With Itron And Ambient To Offer Comprehensive Smart Grid Communications Solutions
May 13, 2010 Arcadian Networks Introduces Itron-Compatible SMART Grid Communications Gateway For AMI
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Itron, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including,
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note-: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include,
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
-The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered
in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Itron, Inc. - Key Facts
Itron, Inc. - Key Employees
Itron, Inc. - Key Employee Biographies
Itron, Inc. - Major Products and Services
Itron, Inc. - History
Itron, Inc. - Company Statement
Itron, Inc. - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Itron, Inc. - Business Description
Itron, Inc. - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Itron, Inc. - Strengths
Strength - Increasing Backlog Portfolio
Strength - Strong Sales and Distribution Channels
Strength - Wide product portfolio
Itron, Inc. - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Operating Margin
Weakness - Limited Liquidity Position
Itron, Inc. - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Demand for Smart Meters
Opportunity - European Union Directive
Opportunity - Increasing Numbers of Contracts
Itron, Inc. - Threats
Threat - Hike in Labor Costs
Threat - Increasing competition
Threat - Dependent on the Utility Industry
Itron, Inc. - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Company’s Recent Developments
Jul 01, 2010: Itron To Provide Gas Advanced Metering Technology To Residents Of New Delhi, India
Jun 17, 2010: Iberdrola Selects Itron For Smart Grid Initiative
Jun 09, 2010: Itron Announces Expansion Of Its Revolving Line Of Credit
Jun 02, 2010: Verizon Wireless Partners With Itron And Ambient To Offer Comprehensive Smart Grid Communications Solutions
May 13, 2010: Arcadian Networks Introduces Itron-Compatible SMART Grid Communications Gateway For AMI
Apr 28, 2010: Itron Reports Net Income Of $26.8 Million In Q1 2010
Mar 23, 2010: Itron And Lockheed Martin Provide Demand Response-Ready Smart Grid Solution For Utilities
Mar 23, 2010: Itron And SmartSynch Announce Commercial Availability Of IP-Enabled Public Wireless Communications
Mar 22, 2010: Itron And Tropos Partner To Strengthen Smart Grid Communications
Mar 22, 2010: Itron, Tropos To Co-develop Products For Smart Grid Applications
Section 5 - Appendix
General Electric Company
ELSTER Metering Holdings Ltd.
ESCO Technologies Inc.
Holley Group Co
Sensus Metering Systems Inc.
Badger Meter Inc
Roper Industries Inc.