- Language: English
- Published: April 2013
Symantec Corporation (SYMC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1292176
- October 2014
- 41 pages
Symantec Corporation (SYMC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by The publisher to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Symantec Corporation (Symantec) is one of the leading providers of security, storage and systems management solutions. It focuses on delivering internet security for PCs, tablets and mobile devices. Symantec provides storage and server management, archiving, backup, eDiscovery, and data protection solutions across storage and server platforms. The company provides solutions to large, medium, and small-sized businesses for security and management, messaging management, compliance, data loss prevention, managed security services, encryption, and authentication services. The company, together with its subsidiaries and representative offices, operates in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), and Asia-Pacific. Symantec is headquartered in California, the US.
Symantec Corporation Key Recent Developments
Sep 18, 2012: Business Leaders Urge US Congress To Extend Renewable Energy Tax Credit
May 02, 2012: Mahindra Satyam Enhances Relationship With Symantec To Collaborate On Security Solutions For Smart Grid
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Symantec Corporation - Key Facts
Symantec Corporation - Key Employees
Symantec Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Symantec Corporation - Major Products and Services
Symantec Corporation - History
Symantec Corporation - Company Statement
Symantec Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Symantec Corporation - Business Description
Symantec Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Symantec Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Symantec Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Comprehensive Offerings
Strength - Strategic Alliances
Strength - Improving Financial Position
Symantec Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Government Investigation
Weakness - Declining Cash Reserves
Symantec Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growing Enterprise Applications Markets
Opportunity - Product Innovation
Opportunity - Strategic Initiatives
Symantec Corporation - Threats
Threat - Changing Technological Environment
Threat - Competitive Environment
Threat - Increasing Software Piracy
Symantec Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
Symantec Corporation, Key Facts
Symantec Corporation, Key Employees
Symantec Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Symantec Corporation, Major Products and Services
Symantec Corporation, History
Symantec Corporation, Other Locations
Symantec Corporation, Subsidiaries
Symantec Corporation, Key Competitors
Symantec Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Symantec Corporation, Annual Ratios
Symantec Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Symantec Corporation, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014)
Symantec Corporation, Ratio Charts
Kaspersky Lab ZAO
LANDesk Software, Inc.
Trend Micro, Inc.
CommVault Systems Inc