The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors - A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees - A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads - A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years - The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods - The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Symantec Corporation (Symantec) is one of the leading providers of cybersecurity solutions. The company tracks a vast number of threats across the Internet from mobile devices, endpoints, and servers the world over. It also develops novel solutions for cloud, advanced threat protection, information protection and cyber security services markets. The company classifies its offerings into four categories: Threat protection solutions, Information protection solutions, Small business solutions and Website security solutions. It also offers services such as business critical services, consulting services, customer success services, cyber security services, and education services. The company offers its solutions and services to vast sectors including automotive, cyber insurance, education, financial services, global service providers, industrial control systems, healthcare, retail, and federal, state and local governments. The company along with its subsidiaries and representative offices, operates in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific. Symantec is headquartered in California, the US.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
Symantec Corporation - Key Facts
Symantec Corporation - Key Employees
Symantec Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
Symantec Corporation - Major Products and Services
Symantec Corporation - History
Symantec Corporation - Company Statement
Symantec Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 - Company Analysis
Symantec Corporation - Business Description
Symantec Corporation - Corporate Strategy
Symantec Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
Symantec Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Innovation and Research and Development
Strength - Established Presence in Cybersecurity Market
Strength - Improving profitability
Symantec Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Patent Infringement Concerns
Weakness - Declining Performance of Major Segments
Symantec Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Restructuring Initiatives
Opportunity - New Product Launches
Opportunity - Growing Cloud Computing Market
Opportunity - Expanding Global Cybersecurity Market
Symantec Corporation - Threats
Threat - Rapid Technological Advancements
Threat - Stiff Competition
Threat - Increasing Software Piracy
Symantec Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 - Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 - Appendix
List of Tables
Symantec Corporation, Key Facts
Symantec Corporation, Key Employees
Symantec Corporation, Key Employee Biographies
Symantec Corporation, Major Products and Services
Symantec Corporation, History
Symantec Corporation, Other Locations
Symantec Corporation, Subsidiaries
Symantec Corporation, Key Competitors
Symantec Corporation, Ratios based on current share price
Symantec Corporation, Annual Ratios
Symantec Corporation, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
Symantec Corporation, Performance Chart (2012 - 2016)
Symantec Corporation, Ratio Charts
VASCO Data Security International, Inc.
Trend Micro, Inc.
International Business Machines Corporation