- Language: English
- Published: January 2013
SunPower Corporation (SPWRA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ID: 1292212
- May 2011
- 45 pages
SunPower Corporation (SPWRA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
SunPower Corporation (SunPower) is a vertically integrated solar products and services company. It engages in the design, development, manufacture and sale of solar electric power products. The company’s product portfolio comprises solar power products such as solar cells, solar panels and inverters that incorporate its proprietary processes and technologies. These products have a wide range of residential, commercial, and power plant applications. Additionally, the company offers a wide range of energy efficiency services, including energy balance analysis, industry benchmarking energy audit recommendations, equipment and technology retrofit recommendations, and project management. The company also offers imaging detectors based on its solar power technology principally for medical imaging applications. The company offers its products in various countries, principally in Germany and the US. SunPower is headquartered in San Jose, California, the US.
SunPower Corporation Key Recent Developments…
May 04, 2011 E Light Electric's Division Receives Solar Installation Subcontract From SunPower For 6 MW PV System In Colorado
May 04, 2011 ELWS Announces Completion Of 6 MW Solar PV System At USAFA In Colorado Springs, US
May 03, 2011 PPC Completes First Phase Of Strategic Partner Selection To Develop Renewable Energy Project In Greece
Apr 21, 2011 City Of Tucson Water Department And Trico Electric Dedicate 1 MW SunPower Solar Power System
Apr 12, 2011 DOE Offers $1.187 Billion Conditional Commitment For Loan Guarantee Supporting 250 MW California Valley Solar Ranch
This comprehensive SWOT profile of SunPower Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
SunPower Corporation - Key Facts
SunPower Corporation - Key Employees
SunPower Corporation - Key Employee Biographies
SunPower Corporation - Major Products and Services
SunPower Corporation - History
SunPower Corporation - Company Statement
SunPower Corporation - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
SunPower Corporation - Business Description
Business Description - Residential and Commercial segment
Residential and Commercial segment - Overview
Residential and Commercial segment - Financials
Residential and Commercial segment - Market View
Residential and Commercial segment - Key Strategies
Utility and Power Plants segment - Production
Utility and Power Plants segment - Financials
Utility and Power Plants segment - Capital Expenditure
Utility and Power Plants segment - Market View
Utility and Power Plants segment - Key Strategies
SunPower Corporation - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
SunPower Corporation - Strengths
Strength - Operational Efficiency
Strength - Technological Leadership
Strength - Business Diversity
SunPower Corporation - Weaknesses
Weakness - Limited Set of Buyers
Weakness - Legal Proceedings
SunPower Corporation - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth Potential in Solar PV Market
Opportunity - Inorganic Growth Strategy
Opportunity - Expanding Manufacturing Capabilities
Opportunity - European Housing Market
SunPower Corporation - Threats
Threat - Reliance on Government Programs
Threat - Vulnerability of Intellectual Property
Threat - Intense Market Competition
Threat - Stringent Regulatory Environment
SunPower Corporation - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Company’s Power Financial Deals and Alliances
SunPower Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2005 to YTD 2011
SunPower Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2005 to YTD 2011
SunPower Corporation, Recent Deals Summary
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments
May 04, 2011: E Light Electric's Division Receives Solar Installation Subcontract From SunPower For 6 MW PV System In Colorado
May 04, 2011: ELWS Announces Completion Of 6 MW Solar PV System At USAFA In Colorado Springs, US
May 03, 2011: PPC Completes First Phase Of Strategic Partner Selection To Develop Renewable Energy Project In Greece
Apr 21, 2011: City Of Tucson Water Department And Trico Electric Dedicate 1 MW SunPower Solar Power System
Apr 12, 2011: DOE Offers $1.187 Billion Conditional Commitment For Loan Guarantee Supporting 250 MW California Valley Solar Ranch
Apr 12, 2011: SunPower's And Flextronics' New Solar Manufacturing Plant Creates Jobs, Economic Benefits And Clean Energy
Apr 07, 2011: SunPower City Alliance Program Offers Solar System Discounts To All San Jose City Homeowners And Small Businesses
Apr 04, 2011: Fluor Receives Contract From SunPower To Construct Copper Crossing Photovoltaic Solar Power Plant In Arizona
Mar 28, 2011: TEP To Build New Grid-Tied Solar Arrays On Roofs Of Large Public Buildings
Mar 22, 2011: KB Home Announces New Solar Initiative
Section 6 – Appendix
First Solar, Inc.
Acciona Energia, S.A.
Abengoa Solar, S.A
Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited
Trina Solar Limited
JA Solar Holdings Co., Ltd.
Canadian Solar Inc.
BP Solar International Inc
SCHOTT Solar AG
Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd.
SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.
Sharp Electronics Corporation