• SELECT SITE CURRENCY
Select a currency for use throughout the site
TUI AG (TUI1) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
GlobalData, February 2013, Pages: 29
TUI AG (TUI) is a leading travel group. The company is a tourism operator and carries out its operations through three segments, namely, TUI Travel, TUI Hotels & Resorts and Cruises. TUI Travel offers services such as tour operation, online sales, high street outlets, airlines and incoming agencies to customers spread across 30 million customers in various countries. TUI Hotels & Resorts operates over 248 hotels and manages the TUI Group‘s hotel companies including hotel brands such as Riu, Grecotel, Grupotel, Iberotel, Dorfhotel and Robinson. The Cruises sector comprises TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Kreuzfahrten.
This comprehensive SWOT profile of TUI AG provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 - About the Company
TUI AG - Key Facts
TUI AG - Key Employees
TUI AG - Key Employee Biographies
TUI AG - Major Products and Services
TUI AG - History
TUI AG - Company Statement
TUI AG - Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
TUI AG - Business Description
TUI AG - Corporate Strategy
TUI AG - SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis - Overview
TUI AG - Strengths
Strength - Integrated Business Operations
Strength - Broad Spectrum of Offerings
Strength - Brand Portfolio
Strength - Strong Growth Prospects
TUI AG - Weaknesses
Weakness - Declining Revenues in a particular region
TUI AG - Opportunities
Opportunity - Growth in Travel and Tourism Industry
Opportunity - Potential in UK Cruise Market
Opportunity - Fleet Expansion
TUI AG - Threats
Threat - Competitive Pressures
Threat - Regulations Associated with Transport Industry
TUI AG - Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios - Ratio Charts
Section 4 – Appendix
List of Tables
TUI AG, Key Facts
TUI AG, Key Employees
TUI AG, Key Employee Biographies
TUI AG, Major Products and Services
TUI AG, History
TUI AG, Subsidiaries
TUI AG, Key Competitors
TUI AG, Ratios based on current share price
TUI AG, Annual Ratios
TUI AG, Interim Ratios
Capital Market Ratios
List of Figures
TUI AG, Performance Chart (2008 - 2012)
TUI AG, Ratio Charts
Kuoni Travel Holding Ltd
Thomas Cook AG
Panalpina World Transport (Holding) Ltd.
Neptune Orient Lines Limited
Overseas Shipholding Group, Inc.
Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha
Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.
First Choice Holidays PLC
Crowley Maritime Corporation
Carnival Corporation & plc
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Carlson Companies, Inc.