- Published: December 2011
- Region: Great Britain, United Kingdom
Annual Forecasting Furniture & Floorcoverings 2014
- ID: 1295221
- July 2010
- Region: United Kingdom
- 90 Pages
- Verdict Research Limited
UK Retail Futures 2014: Furniture & Floorcoverings provides comprehensive insight into sector related issues such as market shares, space expansion and the changing patterns of consumer demand. It combines this with analysis of a host of economic, social and political factors to derive thorough sector forecasts over the next five years.
Scope of this research:
- Market expenditure, inflation and volume growth forecast to 2014 as well as data from the last ten years.
- Comprehensive analysis covering inflation, volume and sales growth for furniture and floorcoverings sub categories.
- Channels of distribution analysis 2009, 2010 and 2014 covering furniture and floorcoverings specialists and non-specialists.
- Comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the furniture and floorcoverings market over the next five years.
Research and analysis highlights:
The market will recover slowly, increasing by 4.7% between 2009 and 2014. Furniture and floorcoverings will be 2010's worst performing sector as the housing market, pivotal to the sector's performance, struggles. Growth will return in 2011 and accelerate as the property market improves and shoppers look to replace and redecorate.
The larger specialists in both furniture and floorcoverings will be the strongest growing channel, presenting a more competitive offer and expanding quickly with some receiving the backing of private equity groups. They will also benefit from independents exiting the market as they struggle to compete on terms of price and range.
The strongest sub category in the market is beds and bedroom furniture which increased by 15.7% between 2009 and 2014. This will be driven by the more needs-based nature of beds, which directly impact upon a customer's health and are therefore unlikely to be deferred. Redecorating of bedrooms later in the period will also drivet growth.
Key reasons to purchase this research:
- Plan for the future, using this report to develop strategies that will enable you to compete effectively against rivals in tougher market conditions.
- Enhance your understanding of key issues, trends, and dynamics in the market, providing a valuable tool to help steer through turbulent times ahead.
- See how core furniture and floorcoverings categories are expected to perform over the next five years. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Percentage point difference with Total Retail
Table: Principle sources of data and information
Figure: Verdict forecasting methodology