- Language: English
- 164 Pages
- Published: June 2012
iPad in Healthcare: Challenges and Opportunities
- ID: 1295851
- August 2010
- 26 Pages
- Mind Commerce LLC
The healthcare industry in the United States has been the sole industry keeping the moribund tablet computer market alive for several years. Although previous tablet-based computing devices have not enjoyed substantial consumer use computer-makers had thought they would, the healthcare industry's appetite for non-laptop portable computers can be traced back to the late 1990s, when technologists created prototype devices meant to replace medical professionals' clipboards and manage healthcare IT on one singular platform instead of multiple systems.
Nearly 50 healthcare and IT professionals were interviewed in conducting this research, which offers a framework for the potential the iPad holds for the healthcare industry. Quotes and anecdotes are given to support a forward-looking analysis that involves many moving parts: the device itself is expected to experience upgrades going forward, and new healthcare policy seeks to subsidize medical technology in new ways.
This research provides an evaluation of the healthcare industry's outlook for the iPad and its potential integration into the vast healthcare ecosystem.
Selected Report Benefits:
- Identify target applications for iPad in healthcare
- Understand barriers and strengths of iPad in healthcare
- Understand the fundamental driving forces for tablet computing in healthcare
- Understand the opportunities and challenges of iPad relative to healthcare policies
- Healthcare practitioners
- Software application developers
- Network and application integration companies
- Wireless data network service providers and suppliers
- Research Overview
- Healthcare IT and Apple's iPad
- Technical Specifications and Applications Marketplace
- Competitive Threats
- Additional Technical Specs
- What Does the Healthcare Industry Want in a Tablet?
- Apple's Strong Brand, B2B History
- Healthcare Policy and Technology Subsidies
- Additional EMR Skepticism
- Quantitative Data
- iPad and Global Healthcare
- Summary, Conclusions, and Recommendations