- Language: English
- 92 Pages
- Published: May 2012
- Region: United Kingdom
Annual Forecasting DIY & Gardening 2014
- Published: August 2010
- Region: United Kingdom
- 83 Pages
- Verdict Research Limited
UK Retail Futures 2014: DIY & Gardening provides comprehensive insight into sector related issues such as market shares, space expansion and the changing patterns of consumer demand. It combines this with a host of economic, social and political factors to derive thorough sector forecasts over the next five years.
- Market expenditure, inflation and volume growth forecast to 2014 as well as data from the last ten years.
- Comprehensive analysis covering inflation, volume, and sales growth for the DIY and Gardening sub sectors and sales growth for individual categories.
- Channels of distribution analysis 2009, 2010 and 2014 covering the DIY specialists channel, the DIY Superstores sub-channel and non-specialists.
- Comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the DIY & Gardening market over the next five years.
While demand for core DIY products is set to remain weak, with the housing market stagnant and consumer confidence low, demand for gardening products will be comparatively robust, with the sub sector benefiting from a frugal consumer.
Larger DIY specialists are set to focus expansion towards smaller, more urban located outlets, which will provide an inevitable competitive threat to both smaller independent retailers and general merchandisers.
Rising consumer confidence towards the end of the forecast period will drive a renewed focus among consumers towards shaping their purchasing decisions in accordance with growing environment concerns.
Reasons to Purchase:
- Plan for the future, using this report to develop strategies that will enable you to compete effectively against rivals in tougher market conditions.
- Enhance your understanding of key issues, trends, and dynamics in the market, providing a valuable tool to help steer through turbulent times ahead.
- See how core DIY and Gardening categories are expected to perform over the next five years. SHOW LESS READ MORE >
Executive summary: DIY & gardening market at a glance
Expenditure forecasts: What consumers spend on DIY & gardening
Channels of distribution: Where DIY & gardening products are sold
Specialists forecasts: Sales through specialist DIY retailers
Superstores forecasts: Sales through specialist DIY superstores
Category forecasts: Detailed product category forecasting
Appendix: Methodology, terminology, definitions, principle sources